3 Dinner package

Shoppie124

If they're going to order from kids menu, you dont have to buy them a package.  I wouldn't buy her one.  Maybe order her a kid meal and give her a piece of your steak. My nephew is 12 but he eats 8 oz steak but my 15 yr old niece would rather have the kids mac n cheese.   I have seen adults order from kids menu. 

1 hour ago, Shoppie124 said:

One more question, I have a picky 12 year old.  Is it worth it to buy the dinners for her?

I have this same situation for our July Bliss cruise.  I looked at the menus of the specialty restaurants we have reservations for and priced what I thought my son would eat.  It came out slightly cheaper than buying him the package.  If he eats more and goes over the package price by $10 or $20 I'll just eat the difference.  Not a huge amount either way.

11 hours ago, arpie05 said:

If they're going to order from kids menu, you dont have to buy them a package.  I wouldn't buy her one.  Maybe order her a kid meal and give her a piece of your steak. My nephew is 12 but he eats 8 oz steak but my 15 yr old niece would rather have the kids mac n cheese.   I have seen adults order from kids menu. 

Good to know.  We have the package for us; however, not our Granddaughter (13 yo) and she would be happy with the mac & cheese! 

10 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Not exactly on topic, how do the packages work in the a la carte restaurants?

SDP covers 1 entree plus apps, sides, salad, soup, dessert, etc. If you order an additional entree, you pay the menu price for that entree.

Some servers will try to limit you to 1 app but multiple apps are supposed to be allowed. However, the SDP is not supposed to be used to feed others who do not have a SDP.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

SDP covers 1 entree plus apps, sides, salad, soup, dessert, etc. If you order an additional entree, you pay the menu price for that entree.

Some servers will try to limit you to 1 app but multiple apps are supposed to be allowed. However, the SDP is not supposed to be used to feed others who do not have a SDP.

Thank you.  Just trying to understand if it is worth buying a package or pay as you go.