Helsinki HOHO Bus

I've discovered there are two companies doing HOHO buses in Helsinki. Looking for a recommendation of one over the other.

(And, yes, I know Helsinki is easy to do on your own but my husband tires easily and anything I can do to minimize his walking is worth the extra $. We arrive in STP the next day and he needs to be able to tackle that.)

Thanks for any help.

Hi,we used the red buses that were outside the ship.If you get a combo ticket,it includes the harbour boat trip.Also keep your ticket as it gives you 10% off all the other Baltic ports with the same company,cheers,Brian.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:43 AM, brian1 said:

Hi,we used the red buses that were outside the ship.If you get a combo ticket,it includes the harbour boat trip.Also keep your ticket as it gives you 10% off all the other Baltic ports with the same company,cheers,Brian.

Thank you!

On 4/24/2019 at 3:21 PM, cansas.piligrim said:

If your ship docks in Hernessaari you can take bus 14 to Bulevardi
If she docks at Western Quay, walk 10 minutes east to Lansiterminaali (terminal for ferries to Tallinn) where you can take tram 7   to Rautatieasema (central train station) or Senaatintori (Senate Square).
The cost of a day pass is 9 euro.

Thank you

In Tallinn, you might also want to take a cab to the top of the Toompea hill, and walk down or if that's too much, you can rent a pedicab for a tour.  We took the stupid tourist train for my 3 year old son, but it actually turned out to be quite a pleasant ride through beautiful streets and I'd do it again even without kids, and would highly recommend it to anyone with physical issues.

In St. Petersburg, I'd consider a private tour for just your family to maximize your time there and to be able to take breaks whenever you need to.  Stolle has excellent fast savory and sweet pies, so that's a great break if he needs a short rest. 

We didn't find much walking using a taxi to the 2/3 tram in Helsinki, but I don't know if the HOHO bus will take you closer to anywhere you want to go.  

My cruise review in my signature line is primarily for families, but has some hints about minimizing travel.  Best of luck - this is a very special cruise, and I hope you ave a wonderful time!