Cambodia and Vietnam VISAs

Donray

I will be going on the AMAWaterway Riches of the Mekong next January with the with the pre and post cruise package.  

I was wondering how other people obtained both the Cambodian and Vietnamize VISAs?

Also, I take that shorts for men and women are OK almost everywhere? 

You would require a visa upon arrival into Vietnam.  We got ours through the Consulate General of Vietnam in Vancouver.  You can also get the Vietnamese Visa on Arrival (VOA), which is considerably cheaper.  When you use the "VOA", you pick up the visa prior to clearing Customs/Immigration.  When we entered Cambodia on our river cruise, the ship obtained them for us.  Check on-line (photo requirements, etc.) to see which works best for you in obtaining your visa.

Shorts are fine, but upon entering some temples, there are some requirements to cover up.  

4 hours ago, Donray said:

I will be going on the AMAWaterway Riches of the Mekong next January with the with the pre and post cruise package.  

I was wondering how other people obtained both the Cambodian and Vietnamize VISAs?

Also, I take that shorts for men and women are OK almost everywhere? 

What direction are you going? I went from Hanoi to Siemens Reap then we cruised the Mekong back into Vietnam. This required a multiple entry Vietnam Visa, which I applied for by email through the Vietnamese Embassy in Ottawa. Ama arranged for the Cambodian Visas for us when we flew to Siem Reap.

We arrived in Cambodia first, so we got the VOA (VISA On Arrival) at the airport.  Think we paid $30 per person.  The application process is simple and brief. Make sure that you bring two passport photos.

As for Vietnam, we got our evisa (loose page) online for multiple entries within 30 days.  Think we paid $100 per person.  We completed application online and uploaded copies of passport, passport photo, hotel confirmation, and cruise voucher.  It took a few days for our evisa (with an image of our passport photo) to arrive.  One caution is to apply to the legitimate Vietnam Embassy (not travel agencies or fake consulate) website.  There are just too many scam websites.