Flam Railway

Gilliana

We will arrive by cruise ship in June and on advice I have booked the train myself. I decided to book at 1.30pm as I have been told the cruise ships do it in the morning and it is really packed. I have allowed plenty of time to get back. However, I chose a stop in Myrdal the turn around village, for 1and half hours.  I am hoping I have made the right decision as I can’t find any information on what we could do there. The scenery looks beautiful, so depending on the weather I am sure we could go for a walk. I would be grateful for any feedback from fellow cruisers about their experience.   Many thanks 

3 hours ago, Gilliana said:

I chose a stop in Myrdal the turn around village, for 1and half hours.  I am hoping I have made the right decision as I can’t find any information on what we could do there. 

You are right - Myrdal is just few houses and nothing you can do there except a nice and maybe ‘cool walk’. I believe the ticket also is valid for the earlier train - ask at the ticket office in Flåm - might be better to spend the time In Flåm rather than Myrdal.

Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your response. I have sent an email to Norwegian railways to see if they can change the return time on my ticket, or advise if it is necessary. As it will be June I imagine it might be busy.  I should have done my research on Myrdal before I booked the ticket, silly me. 

Thank you, it is nice to know we do have the option of a walk if we are unable to change our return ticket. The photos I have seen of Myrdal look beautiful and I believe the walk to the waterfall is about 1.5 Klm so depending on the weather we can do that.  . 

Thank you for replying to my post. I did know that the train stops at the waterfall and will certainly get off and take some photos. I only mentioned walking to the waterfall if we were stuck at the top for 1.5 hours and needed something to amuse ourselves with.