Some Regal Reflections

Guest arowe6

Guest arowe6
On 4/20/2019 at 11:21 PM, rdsqrl said:

Loved your photos, and congratulations on your promotion! 

How was The Silent Patient?  I keep debating whether to check it out of the library; it keeps popping up on my Kindle feed as recommended. . .

Hi Friend! 🙂

So the first book I read (and finished) on the cruise was "The Wife Between Us." Love love loved it!

About halfway through the Silent Patient. It's great but dark. I'd recommend.

Andrew

Andrew, you and Brad in tuxes...rrrrrrrrrr! Y’all are so darn cute!  😍

Thanks for the review and the great pix. I’m sorry to hear Brad got sick but thankfully it happened after his big birthday. If you’re feeling ornery, tell him you’ve read that a weakened immune system is part of getting older. 

Congrats on the new job!

Jeannie 

Guest arowe6
12 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Andrew, you and Brad in tuxes...rrrrrrrrrr! Y’all are so darn cute!  😍

Thanks for the review and the great pix. I’m sorry to hear Brad got sick but thankfully it happened after his big birthday. If you’re feeling ornery, tell him you’ve read that a weakened immune system is part of getting older. 

Congrats on the new job!

Jeannie 

Thank you my friend! Hoping you and G come back to Caribbean Cruises one winter so our paths will cross! 

I am sorry about the Norovirus but we were on the March 31st sailing Regal to Princess Cay and then onto St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Husband began feeling sick 2nd day back home. Ended up in the hospital by the following Sunday with fever over 101 and most likely diagnosis after every blood test in the world is some kind of mycobacterium pneumonia which could take up to 6 weeks to be cultured. He was in the hospital for a week with tons of i.v. antibiotics, breathing treatments, and a bronchial procedure to try to washout and culture whatever was in there.

Besides the fact that he went to the theater when the rest of us did not, the thing that stands out is that there was some kind of water issue on our deck. We were across the hall from a door that crew enters to service the swimming pool. We were on Marina deck. There was a huge blower set up in the hallway right outside our door and I wonder if something was aerosolized and circulated in the air vents. Plus my husband is super nosy and since it was right outside our door he opened the door several times to observe what was going on.

I just wonder if anyone else on that trip ended up with a serious URI?

Sorry about the noro issue. Never had that one thank goodness.  But we will think hard and long before cruising again on a large ship. Never had this issue on the smaller ships with 600 max passengers. Have gotten bronchitis  before but nothing this serious.

On 4/22/2019 at 11:07 AM, arowe6 said:

Different strokes for different folks. Many MANY people on these boards love Sabatinis for what it is. We just aren't one of them. Enjoy your cruise!! 🙂

Was totally turned off by the menu for Sabatinis. Were last on Princess 3 years ago when there was still lobster on the menu, we cancelled all of our prebooked and if we didn't eat in the Crown we ordered the lobster from the Crown in the main dining room.   Sabatinis never looked crowded.

Guest arowe6
10 minutes ago, kkmiausa said:

I am sorry about the Norovirus but we were on the March 31st sailing Regal to Princess Cay and then onto St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Husband began feeling sick 2nd day back home. Ended up in the hospital by the following Sunday with fever over 101 and most likely diagnosis after every blood test in the world is some kind of mycobacterium pneumonia which could take up to 6 weeks to be cultured. He was in the hospital for a week with tons of i.v. antibiotics, breathing treatments, and a bronchial procedure to try to washout and culture whatever was in there.

Besides the fact that he went to the theater when the rest of us did not, the thing that stands out is that there was some kind of water issue on our deck. We were across the hall from a door that crew enters to service the swimming pool. We were on Marina deck. There was a huge blower set up in the hallway right outside our door and I wonder if something was aerosolized and circulated in the air vents. Plus my husband is super nosy and since it was right outside our door he opened the door several times to observe what was going on.

I just wonder if anyone else on that trip ended up with a serious URI?

Sorry about the noro issue. Never had that one thank goodness.  But we will think hard and long before cruising again on a large ship. Never had this issue on the smaller ships with 600 max passengers. Have gotten bronchitis  before but nothing this serious.

The captain did make an announcement on Friday saying there was noro. Whether or not there were also other factors I suppose will remain unknown. Who knows....

Andrew :)

Sorry about Brad and noro - we have been fortunate not to get it in 45+ cruises; which I think is amazing considering. 

However, your formal picture should get a frame for sure!  Lovely picture

thanks for your review.  

• 4 weeks later...

I was the one who stopped you by the pool.We also had a mini suite for the 7 day cruise but enjoyed D731 much more for the 15 day crossing.We are going back on Regal for a 5 night cruise on 10/26 followed by a 10 nighter on 10/31 and then 7 nights on Allure of the Seas on 11/10.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:07 AM, arowe6 said:

I wondered this as well. If so there are going to be a lot of disappointed passengers on the TA crossing. Can’t imagine what the inventory is like now after what it was on the cruise before. 

Andrew 🙂

I no longer drink, so a non issue for me.  And yes, I followed you on the t/a. No illness to report but a medevac off Land's End en route to Zeebrugge.

On a previous long cruise on the Regal, I ate every afternoon in Alfredos.   This time, just twice in 15 days after a woeful first pizza.

I opted for late sitting in Allegro.  Best move ever.   Go to dinner anytime from 7.45 pm - 9.15 pm, though usually at the earlier time.  Romanian maitre d' Robert had my back at all times.

My son and I liked the old internet plan (250 free minutes each) but love the new one.  Upgrade to unlimited always on for 1 person and use the 250 minutes and 4G as back up.  Log in can be shared between devices.

Guest arowe6
On 5/19/2019 at 3:30 PM, johnmik1 said:

I was the one who stopped you by the pool.We also had a mini suite for the 7 day cruise but enjoyed D731 much more for the 15 day crossing.We are going back on Regal for a 5 night cruise on 10/26 followed by a 10 nighter on 10/31 and then 7 nights on Allure of the Seas on 11/10.

Ahhhh hiiiii!!!! 🙂

So glad you enjoyed D731. Our favorite for sure