Bliss 4/14 w/ autistic adult

edspec

Great cruise.  NCL allowed us priority embarkation, and a private muster drill.  Made all the difference in the world.  We could have disembarked w/ special needs, but chose to walk off by ourselves, as we carry our own luggage.  If you are traveling w/ an autistic adult or child I highly recommend the Bliss.

Beautiful ship, loved our mid-ship mini-suites.  The bathroom was great, it was wonderful having a nice amount of storage and room to turn around.

Food was overall the best of any cruise we've taken, which includes, Disney, Holland America, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and MSC.  

Drink package...included wines are really bad.  If I drank cocktails or beer it would be fine, but pretty much a red wine drinker at home.  Sad to say the glass of Cab I got on SW on the way home was the best glass of wine all week.  Lucked out, someone two cruises before us was gifted a 24 bottle water package which we found in one of the cupboards.  That said the tap water was fine.

Hated the Atrium for all activities.  So LOUD!!!  Why they can't do trivia in a lounge I don't know.  Take a tip from RC and the Schooner Bar.

Entertainment:  So much fun.  We went to Havana, Jersey Boys, Prohibition, the comedy shows, and the Cavern and theater Beatle's shows.  All of them really good except the Havana dancers, who appeared to be performing aerobics instead of dancing.  The sets and costumes were good though.

Service was personable and professional.

Will we go on NCL again?  I would love a solo cruise w/ them, or possibly a European port intensive.  My DH and I prefer MSC, and DS likes RC.  

I will say some of the fellow cruisers on this ship weren't the snazziest group.  Young mom screaming at her four year old in the elevator to move his blank.  Also ran into this charmer on the way off the ship, she was throwing a hissy fit about why she needed to carry car seats.  Uh...because you have a three and four year old?  Then there was the drunk we sat adjacent to at dinner last night.  Lots of rambling about he paid for his balcony so if he wants to let it all hang out (substitute graphic language for true experience) that is his right.  Lovely.  Great dinner conversation.  Above isn't meant as a generalization of NCL cruisers, just a picture of what we experienced on this spring break Mexican Riviera cruise.  Hope it isn't indicative of cruises sailing from California ports, as it was wonderful cruising with only an hour flight each way, instead of the all day to Florida and back.  

7 hours ago, edspec said:

Great cruise.  NCL allowed us priority embarkation, and a private muster drill.  Made all the difference in the world.  We could have disembarked w/ special needs, but chose to walk off by ourselves, as we carry our own luggage.  If you are traveling w/ an autistic adult or child I highly recommend the Bliss.

Beautiful ship, loved our mid-ship mini-suites.  The bathroom was great, it was wonderful having a nice amount of storage and room to turn around.

Food was overall the best of any cruise we've taken, which includes, Disney, Holland America, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and MSC.  

Drink package...included wines are really bad.  If I drank cocktails or beer it would be fine, but pretty much a red wine drinker at home.  Sad to say the glass of Cab I got on SW on the way home was the best glass of wine all week.  Lucked out, someone two cruises before us was gifted a 24 bottle water package which we found in one of the cupboards.  That said the tap water was fine.

Hated the Atrium for all activities.  So LOUD!!!  Why they can't do trivia in a lounge I don't know.  Take a tip from RC and the Schooner Bar.

Entertainment:  So much fun.  We went to Havana, Jersey Boys, Prohibition, the comedy shows, and the Cavern and theater Beatle's shows.  All of them really good except the Havana dancers, who appeared to be performing aerobics instead of dancing.  The sets and costumes were good though.

Service was personable and professional.

Will we go on NCL again?  I would love a solo cruise w/ them, or possibly a European port intensive.  My DH and I prefer MSC, and DS likes RC.  

I will say some of the fellow cruisers on this ship weren't the snazziest group.  Young mom screaming at her four year old in the elevator to move his blank.  Also ran into this charmer on the way off the ship, she was throwing a hissy fit about why she needed to carry car seats.  Uh...because you have a three and four year old?  Then there was the drunk we sat adjacent to at dinner last night.  Lots of rambling about he paid for his balcony so if he wants to let it all hang out (substitute graphic language for true experience) that is his right.  Lovely.  Great dinner conversation.  Above isn't meant as a generalization of NCL cruisers, just a picture of what we experienced on this spring break Mexican Riviera cruise.  Hope it isn't indicative of cruises sailing from California ports, as it was wonderful cruising with only an hour flight each way, instead of the all day to Florida and back.  

Did you say that you FOUND a case of water in the cupboard???  Did your room steward just overlook it???? How did you know it was from someone 2 cruises before you???  

sorry about the wine experience but happy the rest of your cruise was a hit. As for the wines, I guess I am not much a wine know it all: I like the Malbec on the drink package just fine. I don't know about the rest of the reds. You are not the only one who has complained about the quality of the reds.