Skagway - Sunday car rental?

soccermom4

I was thinking about renting a car for myself and DH while we were docked in Skagway.  Just noticed that it will be on a Sunday. (9/22/19).  Avis returns "closed" when I try to book.  Are there any other options in Skagway or should I work on Plan B?

32 minutes ago, soccermom4 said:

I was thinking about renting a car for myself and DH while we were docked in Skagway.  Just noticed that it will be on a Sunday. (9/22/19).  Avis returns "closed" when I try to book.  Are there any other options in Skagway or should I work on Plan B?

I have never rented a car in Skagway. Do a surf for there and see if there are any other rental places that might get you in a car. I hope you have good luck. If not you might have to take a tour.  That way everyone will be able to take in the scenery and see the sights. Have a great time.

4 hours ago, soccermom4 said:

Did you try calling the Skagway Avis car rental directly? There number is 907.983.2247. There is another car rental in "Skagway Affordable Car Rentals"  https://www.skagwayaffordablecarrental.com/ there phone number is 907.983.2277. We've only ever used Avis so I don't know anything about Affordable. We always have thought the Green jeep thing was a tourist joke or a gimmick, they don't want you to drive it out to Dyea or off the road.

Edited by Eaglecw

You're right - Didn't notice the dates.  I see there is also "Affordable Car Rentals" - open year round.  We're the only ship in port that day so may just play it by ear.  Thanks for pointing out the date.