No reservations available?

A few weeks ago we booked a 9 night Canada/New England cruise on Anthem of the Seas leaving 8/29/19.  This will be our first RCL cruise.  I have tried to make reservations through my Cruise Planner for some of the shows but I get a message saying, "Sorry, we cannot reserve this right now.  Please try again onboard the ship".  So, does that mean there are no reservations available but check onboard incase someone cancels?  OR...do they only allow so many online reservations and we will need to wait in a line to make a reservation on the ship or show up for the show and hope to get a seat.  Not sure how seating for the shows works?  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, mizcruz said:

.... Not sure how seating for the shows works?  Thanks.

You will be able to get reservations to enter the show venue, but the seats are first come, first served.

We did this cruise in Oct 2018 and the reservations for the show can be done by your Royal Planner or wait until 75-90 days out then do it on line. Doing it on line gives you the ability to look at your schedule and decide which time you want to go.  Our royal planner put the times in for us and then we ended up changing them about 50 days out. 

• 3 months later...

Oh, thanks for the follow-up.  We did get shows booked a few weeks ago and just last week we downloaded the Royal app.  Wish we could text on the Royal app but it doesn't look like that is available yet.  So, we have all downloaded the Royal IQ app as well hoping we will still be able to use it to text.  Leave next week so we will soon see.  Thanks again.

20 minutes ago, mizcruz said:

Oh, thanks for the follow-up.  We did get shows booked a few weeks ago and just last week we downloaded the Royal app.  Wish we could text on the Royal app but it doesn't look like that is available yet.  So, we have all downloaded the Royal IQ app as well hoping we will still be able to use it to text.  Leave next week so we will soon see.  Thanks again.

Try texting using iMessage before purchasing VOOM, you may find that the firewall hole is still functioning.

30 minutes ago, mizcruz said:

So, we have all downloaded the Royal IQ app as well hoping we will still be able to use it to text.  

Anthem switched to the RCI app starting with the 8/15 sailing, not sure the Royal IQ app will ever work on the ship again, but as mentioned above, try texting without VOOM.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:26 AM, mizcruz said:

A few weeks ago we booked a 9 night Canada/New England cruise on Anthem of the Seas leaving 8/29/19.  This will be our first RCL cruise.  I have tried to make reservations through my Cruise Planner for some of the shows but I get a message saying, "Sorry, we cannot reserve this right now.  Please try again onboard the ship".  So, does that mean there are no reservations available but check onboard incase someone cancels?  OR...do they only allow so many online reservations and we will need to wait in a line to make a reservation on the ship or show up for the show and hope to get a seat.  Not sure how seating for the shows works?  Thanks.

Probably the quota for on-line bookings has been reached.  RCL, usually has 25% of seats in reserve for on-board bookings.  Last August on Anthem, there were kiosks and live staff taking reserves for shows, activities, SR, etc. in the 2X70 theatre.  Recommend that as soon as you board ascertain where these activities are taking place and take appropriate action.