Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

3 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Well, we talk about the Icon of the Seas being wider/narrower, heavier/lighter and shorter/longer than the Oasis-class, but what about a height comparison?  I don't mean the height of the whole ship; but one of its zones (I'll let you look up synonyms for that :D) may just be higher (I could have used a better synonym) than we are used to. 🤐

???

If you're on the inaugural like I will try to be, I am so making you walk the plank for this cryptic clue!!

walk.jpeg.226a17bd31d6c447b7c6f4ed9ceb5901.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Well, we talk about the Icon of the Seas being wider/narrower, heavier/lighter and shorter/longer than the Oasis-class, but what about a height comparison?  I don't mean the height of the whole ship; but one of its zones (I'll let you look up synonyms for that :D) may just be higher (I could have used a better synonym) than we are used to. 🤐

Maybe a much higher open space (or lower bottom), like the Central Park type area.

19 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Wait! If they can move something like the Windjammer from deck 16 to 15 (on Wonder of the Seas) maybe they'll move it to a higher deck (compared to older Oasis class ships?) or something like the pool deck will be on a higher deck, like on 16 instead of 15? 

Edited by Tough as Leather
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Wait! If they can move something like the Windjammer from deck 16 to 15 (on Wonder of the Seas) maybe they'll move it to a higher deck (compared to older Oasis class ships?) or something like the pool deck will be on a higher deck, like on 16 instead of 15? 

It might be something like Northstar or magic carpet.

how about a elevated bar like rising tide/Northstar / magic carpet?

19 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Maybe the mysterious sphere will be attached to something like the Magic Carpet and travel from the top of the ship all the way down to below the surface? Maybe even running in an open zone in the center of the ship?  That's something I'd like to see added to Tough as Leather's list.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Maybe the mysterious sphere will be attached to something like the Magic Carpet and travel from the top of the ship all the way down to below the surface? Maybe even running in an open zone in the center of the ship?  That's something I'd like to see added to Tough as Leather's list.

Didn’t MB call that sphere a iconic thing.

I wonder if there’s any prize money for guessing it ?

Edited by Chiliburn

On 2/20/2022 at 5:38 PM, Lloyd555 said:

I’m wondering if @Lloyd555 is suggesting that one of the neighbourhoods may have multiple stories or be elevated, in comparison to the layout on Oasis Class ships. 🤔 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

18 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I’m wondering if @Lloyd555 is suggesting that one of the neighbourhoods may have multiple stories or be elevated, in comparison to the layout on Oasis Class ships. 🤔 

You two must have got my decoder ring in the mail. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Didn’t MB call that sphere a iconic thing.

I wonder if there’s any prize money for guessing it ?

No, this isn't about the sphere. The sphere ain't going nowhere. It isn't a ride, and is planted firmly on the ship.

Edited by Tough as Leather

On 2/20/2022 at 12:38 PM, Lloyd555 said:

may just be higher

So one word is in italics, and you said “ but one of its zones”. 

Hmmmm! Let the guessing continue.

From some of the blocks we see in the yard, there is  perhaps a chance for an extended outdoor Promenade, what does that do to the Royal Promenade position and height( plus you need that extra height for those Circus acts flying high in the Promenade 😀). Others have suggested there will be open space in the middle. With an extended Promenade where does a potential Boardwalk fit. Lastly, I like one of Tough As Leather’s ideas, say Pool and Sport Zone.

So pick one Lloyd 😀

Royal Promenade 

Boardwalk

Pool and Sport Zone 

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

From some of the blocks we see in the yard, there is  perhaps a chance for an extended outdoor Promenade, what does that do to the Royal Promenade position and height( plus you need that extra height for those Circus acts flying high in the Promenade 😀). Others have suggested there will be open space in the middle. With an extended Promenade where does a potential Boardwalk fit. Lastly, I like one of Tough As Leather’s ideas, say Pool and Sport Zone.

So pick one Lloyd 😀

Royal Promenade 

Boardwalk

Pool and Sport Zone 

But if it’s higher,it can’t be a permanent thing.

It would have to retract as Oasis has a height issue.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

But if it’s higher,it can’t be a permanent thing.

It would have to retract as Oasis has a height issue.

A different Smoke Stack design and placement could fix that 😀

Given that Oasis and Allure had to lower their stacks sailing under the Great Belt Bridge, they must have considered it in the Icon design. 

On 2/20/2022 at 11:38 AM, Lloyd555 said:

28 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

So pick one Lloyd 😀

Royal Promenade 

Boardwalk

Pool and Sport Zone 

If the zone (like a Central Park) was lower the in the open area of the ship (starting anywhere between deck 7 and the waterline) the opening to the top of the ship would be 'higher' (I'll let you look up synonyms for that :D) in relation to the 'ground' level of that zone.

By higher I don't mean taller.

More like up a level in the ship.

So nothing to do with higher decks (or funnels 😊). 

Ugh. This cryptic stuff is painful.

I blame Tough as Leather. Asking for this from me! What were you thinking!! LOL

Tall-Cruiser asked...

Q. So pick one Lloyd 😀

Royal Promenade 

Boardwalk

Pool and Sport Zone 

A. It's the one that has the deck number in two of its new venues' names so that we don't assume that  we're on the deck that it's usually on in the Oasis class. 

Ya, so that's it from me for now.

I need to read up on 'how to be better at crypticism (is that a word?)'.

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

By higher I don't mean taller.

More like up a level in the ship.

So nothing to do with higher decks (or funnels 😊). 

Ugh. This cryptic stuff is painful.

I blame Tough as Leather. Asking for this from me! What were you thinking!! LOL

Tall-Cruiser asked...

Q. So pick one Lloyd 😀

Royal Promenade 

Boardwalk

Pool and Sport Zone 

A. It's the one that has the deck number in two of its new venues' names so that we don't assume that  we're on the deck that it's usually on in the Oasis class. 

Sorry for putting you on the spot.

This is obscure, so you got the cryptic thing down pat. 😂

Sounds like a deck change up one deck. The question is why? Hmmm.

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

Lloyd you are killing us and making this cryptic pointers painful 😀

Let me pull out the spreadsheet, do some Vlookups, Hlookups and see what will be the solve for “deck number in two of its new venues’ names”😀

8 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Lloyd you are killing us and making this cryptic pointers painful 😀

Let me pull out the spreadsheet, do some Vlookups, Hlookups and see what will be the solve for “deck number in two of its new venues’ names”😀

Tall-Cruiser asked...

Q. So pick one Lloyd 😀

Royal Promenade 

Boardwalk

Pool and Sport Zone 

I think that Lloyd is not going to say which zone/neighborhood is a deck higher on Icon.

Don't quote me on this, but if it were Central Park for instance - which people are used to it being on deck 8 - it is going to be on deck 9 on the Icon.

I don't know if Lloyd is pulling our leg, but so that guests don't think they are on deck 8 out of habit, the Icon's Central park would have two venues with a 9 in the name, example Café 9  or Bistro 9.  

• Like 2

As Icon is looking like it is going to be similar to an oasis class ship I think Icon could benefit if the royal promenade was moved up a deck so that the lower floor can continue to flow into the boardwalk. Then central park would also have to move up a deck. This would allow more natural light into the end of the promenade as well. 

That move of 1 deck would also allow the ice-rink to gain more height so it can be replaced with a seaplex like on the quantum class ships. This new found 2 deck height space could also house the strange sphere thing. Then if this was done right huge windows can be installed around the seaplex to give a sea view. As I feel a common complaint of oasis class ships is they struggle to connect with the sea.

Then more towards the forward section of the seaplex/royal promenade can have a 4 deck tall atrium encouraging movement between the inner entertainment decks with a skylight from central park. 

*I have no evidence for any of this, just what I would change about an oasis ship

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Showingthatgame said:

As Icon is looking like it is going to be similar to an oasis class ship I think Icon could benefit if the royal promenade was moved up a deck so that the lower floor can continue to flow into the boardwalk. Then central park would also have to move up a deck. This would allow more natural light into the end of the promenade as well. 

That move of 1 deck would also allow the ice-rink to gain more height so it can be replaced with a seaplex like on the quantum class ships. This new found 2 deck height space could also house the strange sphere thing. Then if this was done right huge windows can be installed around the seaplex to give a sea view. As I feel a common complaint of oasis class ships is they struggle to connect with the sea.

Then more towards the forward section of the seaplex/royal promenade can have a 4 deck tall atrium encouraging movement between the inner entertainment decks with a skylight from central park. 

*I have no evidence for any of this, just what I would change about an oasis ship

I love the idea of adding all Quantum class and Oasis class features to the same ship.

• Like 2

Just curious, do Neptun Werft build a common design LNG FERU, regardless of customer/brand ?

I can see the need for the outer hull sections to be different due to the different ship designs, but I'm sure they'd be significant cost saving to building  common design engineering spaces. I can just imagine a Carnival Chief Engineer asking a RC chief engineer for a spare flanged whotsit to keep the motor turning. Or maybe not 😉