Recent Coco Cay Cabana Renters - wristbands? Snorkel gear?

SAmome

Do you get the wristbands in cabin or just a ticket like a regular excursion and wristbands when get to the Oceanview Deluxe cabanas? I assume our party of 6 won't have trouble arriving at different times to the cabana. 

Also, do they have your beach mats and snorkel gear at the cabana or just some voucher to go pick it up?  If need to pick up yourself seems like it would be easier to grab on the way to the cabanas as walk there.

image.png.c3aa477c29df433a12880bd4c26cf445.png

• Clarea changed the title to Recent Coco Cay Cabana Renters - wristbands? Snorkel gear?

We had a cabana on Coco Cay on Sunday.  Had to go to the shore excursions desk the first day to pick one out.  The cabana number was then written down on the paperwork with the ticket.  

The wrist bands were provided at Coco Cay.  There were two floating mats provided and four bottles of Evian.  We all arrived together.

For the snorkel gear, we were given the waiver to fill out at the cabana check in area and taken to the snorkel gear area with a cart.  I think you need the wrist band to get the complimentary snorkel gear rental.  

The cabanas are beautiful and in a great location.  Enjoy your day!

3 minutes ago, jerkymom said:

We had a cabana on Coco Cay on Sunday.  Had to go to the shore excursions desk the first day to pick one out.  The cabana number was then written down on the paperwork with the ticket.  

The wrist bands were provided at Coco Cay.  There were two floating mats provided and four bottles of Evian.  We all arrived together.

For the snorkel gear, we were given the waiver to fill out at the cabana check in area and taken to the snorkel gear area with a cart.  I think you need the wrist band to get the complimentary snorkel gear rental.  

The cabanas are beautiful and in a great location.  Enjoy your day!

Which cabanas did you have? We’re they chill island ones by chance? Thanks 

Just now, 37645 said:

Which cabanas did you have? We’re they chill island ones by chance? Thanks 

Yes, the Chill Island ones.  I got to the excursion desk just in time to miss the last Oceanfront.  But it was fine.

We decided on #1, which was the furthest from the checkin station.  Had an 18 month old baby with us and wanted to be out of the way in case he was fussy or wanted to nap.  The shore excursions desk has the layout for picking the cabanas.

2 minutes ago, jerkymom said:

Yes, the Chill Island ones.  I got to the excursion desk just in time to miss the last Oceanfront.  But it was fine.

We decided on #1, which was the furthest from the checkin station.  Had an 18 month old baby with us and wanted to be out of the way in case he was fussy or wanted to nap.  The shore excursions desk has the layout for picking the cabanas.

So not all of them are oceanfront? How early do you think that one has to get to the desk to get an oceanfront one? Thanks 

1 minute ago, 37645 said:

So not all of them are oceanfront? How early do you think that one has to get to the desk to get an oceanfront one? Thanks 

There are 7 that are in a front row that are considered oceanfront, #s 8-14.  Then there are 7 behind them that are staggered so they still have a great view.  I was disappointed to not get an oceanfront one at first, but it really didn't matter.

1 minute ago, jerkymom said:

There are 7 that are in a front row that are considered oceanfront, #s 8-14.  Then there are 7 behind them that are staggered so they still have a great view.  I was disappointed to not get an oceanfront one at first, but it really didn't matter.

Alright. Did you go the desk as soon as you boarded and they were all taken already? How early do you think that one has to board in order to get an oceanfront one? Thanks for your help. 

Just now, 37645 said:

Alright. Did you go the desk as soon as you boarded and they were all taken already? How early do you think that one has to board in order to get an oceanfront one? Thanks for your help. 

I went down around 5ish.  The best thing would be to get your ticket and paperwork and take them to the shore excursions desk as soon as the rooms are ready.

This was taken from our Cabana #1.  There is a nice view either way.  The view behind the cabanas is more of the jet ski and inflatable park areas.

cabana.jpg

14 minutes ago, jerkymom said:

I went down around 5ish.  The best thing would be to get your ticket and paperwork and take them to the shore excursions desk as soon as the rooms are ready.

This was taken from our Cabana #1.  There is a nice view either way.  The view behind the cabanas is more of the jet ski and inflatable park areas.

cabana.jpg

Thanks! So it sounds like even if you don’t get the oceanfront one there is still some ocean view from the cabanas. 

10 minutes ago, 37645 said:

Thanks! So it sounds like even if you don’t get the oceanfront one there is still some ocean view from the cabanas. 

Yes, they are all good.  The Mariner is a perfect sized ship for visiting Coco Cay.  We didn't see any crowded areas at all on the island.  The cabanas provided the perfect mix of sun and shade for our family.  

The included lunch was good, especially the lamb chops and salmon that were grilled on site.

cabana3.jpg

cabana4.jpg

cabana5.jpg

Are the chill island cabanas only oceanview or is it beach accessible?  I've never been to Coco Cay but remember reading about some cabanas that didn't have access to the beach from it's location, but now there's been a lot of changes.

1 hour ago, jerkymom said:

cabana.jpg

How far back is the back row of cabanas from the front row?

Thanks Jerkymom for all the info and pictures!

When I called RCCL to see if preassigned and did not need to bother with getting a Cabana number reservation, they said to go to guest services instead of shore excursions so good to know.

Someone else posted this and I'd saved but not sure who to give credit to.  Anyway, the cabanas are offset so that you will see beach and the water you'd walk out to the swiming areas in from of 8-12.  Worse case, I'd think, if don't want to look at a cabana in from of you and got 7-1 cabanas, use a lounger outside of cabana and face the other way.  

image.png.ad2e77bd644979e703aa28af3e15298a.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SAmome said:

image.png.608f16d1e3d1657d835d228e98db1688.png

Thanks for the photo. That is what I was looking for.  My interest was mainly how far to the water.  

I would assume suite guest guest booking one of these could get the assignment through the concierge prior to the cruise.

Unfortunately we are not in a suite so we will have to get what ever is left.  I can live with that.

• 3 years later...

We were in a CocoCay Chill Island Cabana in June and reading the replies in this thread confused me.  Look at the CocoCay map, because it looks like there are cabanas on opposite sides.  We were in Cabana #1, closest to the cabana check-in, and it was a handicap cabin due to my mobility challenged parents.  We were assigned that cabin through the Special Needs department, so we never had to go visit the Excursions desk or Guest Services to pick out a cabin.  

I thought all of the cabanas had an ocean view, so I wouldn't stress too much about not being able to see the water.  I wish we had been further away from the cabana check-in desk, because I think it would have been quieter, especially, since kayaking and paddle boarding lessons occurred nearby.  But I understand that we needed the handicap cabin.

Cabana guests can arrive separately.  Although, the cabana check-in desk was barely manned on the day we were there.  You must have your wristband on to get the free snorkel gear for cabana guests.  Make sure and return it, even though they might tell you that you don't have to; we got conflicting guidance.  We did have two floating mats already at our cabana, but we had to keep our eye on the chairs, because random non-cabana folks would stop by thinking they could just sit there.  I do wish the CocoCay staff monitored the area better.  We didn't pay that much for a cabana to have to keep telling people that they could not sit in our chairs for free.  Similar issue with the beach in front of all of the cabanas.  People would just drop their towels right there and then the CocoCay staff would, eventually, send them on their way.  I really think they need better signage up in the area, if they are not going to have a person stationed at the cabana check-in the entire day.

I wish I could tell you what was on the food menu, but I had stepped away to look around the vendor area and my husband and parents selected the food choices for everyone.  I know I wound up with a delicious chicken sandwiches and some fried cheese sticks.  One of our daughters had a salad, too.  It was nice to not have to go to a buffet and have the meal brought to us.

30 minutes ago, SAmome said:

This was a very old post brought back to life; who knows what all has changed since then, I'm just getting back into cruising reading up on all the changes.

For CocoCay over the period of this thread, not much.