Pearl Shopping Recommendations

Summerprincess

Hello All,

We are will be here on a cruise in Late July (I know it will be so hot and crowded but that is when our scheduled allowed a trip this year so we are justing going to enjoy it!) and I am looking for suggestions on where to buy pearls. I have cruised here before but not paid enough attention, but this time would like to buy some. I am interested in necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. I also love cameos. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

Edited by Summerprincess

There are plenty of cameo shops in Naples and Sorrento but you need to be careful that you're not buying something imported from China.

The biggest one I know of is Donadio in Portici, where all the tour buses used to stop.   I don't know if they still have a retail operation but you can check:  http://www.donadio.it/donadio-world.html?___store=en

On 4/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, euro cruiser said:

There are plenty of cameo shops in Naples and Sorrento but you need to be careful that you're not buying something imported from China.

The biggest one I know of is Donadio in Portici, where all the tour buses used to stop.   I don't know if they still have a retail operation but you can check:  http://www.donadio.it/donadio-world.html?___store=en

Thank you very much for your help. 😊

On 4/27/2019 at 10:39 AM, cruisemom42 said:

What ports are you visiting?  Italy's not really known for pearls. In fact, I'd think that's something better purchased in Asia... (or at home, where you have a better chance of not getting fleeced).

China (Shanghai) is where I've gotten some amazing pearls.