Is the Coral using the medallions on the lanyard

judydoc

OK anyone who saw my first response (edited out just in time) please disregard.

While the question in the opening post is phrased as if the OP is assuming that they will be supplied the Medallion upon boarding Coral, I believe they are probably just inquiring. And the answer is no.

And while the first sentence is asking about the lanyard supplied with the Medallion, the second sentence is meant to wonder if they should bring their personal lanyard which in all probability is for the now-old-fashioned cruise card. And that answer is yes.

(Boy, that was a lot of conjecture to decipher on a Saturday night just to answer a two sentence query :classic_rolleyes:)

Edited by fishywood

Princess MedallionClass Ships: Caribbean Princess® | Regal Princess® | Royal Princess®
Coming soon to:  Crown Princess® (7/24/19), Sky Princess® (10/27/19) and Enchanted Princess® (6/19/20)

According to Princess Coral Princess will not Have Ocean Medallion Nor is planned for the near future. So no you won't be issued a Medallion. You will be issue what you have been issued before.

• Like 1

Since you won't be getting a Medallion and will bring your lanyard, you need to be aware that IF you sail on a ship that has started the enhancements for the Medallion one of the first things they do is replace the locks on the door and add a swipe screen with which to use your cruise card. Once this is done, you won't be able to get a hole punched in your card.You'll need to bring a holder for your lanyard.

The Coral is apparently not on the list yet, just be aware for the future on other ships.

Thankyou for figuring out what I was trying to say!  You got it right!  I will bring my lanyard with a plastic holder for my card.  We were on the Regal in January and we got a lanyard.  Wasn't sure how far the Coral was with the transition.  Thankyou!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, hobbyfarmer2 said:

On a side note does the Coral have on-demand TV?  It didn't in early Jan but there has been a drydock since.

Curious to know if the Coral has on demand tv now or in future by Sept 2019

Just off the Coral yesterday, and no on-demand was available as far as we know. We were able to watch several recent movies (changed daily) on our cabin TV, and for any NBA fans sailing soon, ESPN was available for some games.

Perhaps I misunderstood what MedallionClass meant. The Princess website shows Coral Princess as having MedallionNet. Along with Royal, Ruby, Caribbean, and Regal. So does having MedallionNet internet onboard not an indicator of using Medallions onboard as well? 

10 minutes ago, sailingskyward said:

Perhaps I misunderstood what MedallionClass meant. The Princess website shows Coral Princess as having MedallionNet. Along with Royal, Ruby, Caribbean, and Regal. So does having MedallionNet internet onboard not an indicator of using Medallions onboard as well? 

Medalion Net is the new internet service.  There are a few ships that have it now but are not yet Medallion Class with the new Medallions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gremlinbangles said:

Just so I can make sure I understand, we wont be able to punch a hole in our card to hang from our lanyard?  We now need the pouch or sleeve on our lanyard to hold our cruise card or medallion card or whatever it's called these days?

Just now, judydoc said:

The Coral only has the new internet service which is very fast compared to what they use to have. That is as far as they have come so far.

I have the plastic sleeve so I just used that.  I never tried to have my card punched.  They haven't installed anything on the doors yet, so I would think you will be fine to punch.

3 hours ago, judydoc said:

I have the plastic sleeve so I just used that.  I never tried to have my card punched.  They haven't installed anything on the doors yet, so I would think you will be fine to punch.

Perfect!  That's what I thought.  I prefer the hole punch.