Views/Advice Please

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Your welcome.

Rome is where imo a ships tour is essential although I believe you sail from Rome so a day or two precruise in Rome would be ideal.

It is a good 1 hour from Rome to Civitavechia so give yourself plenty of time to get to the ship.

People were telling us there was 2 hour delays on the trains and Rome city centre as always was gridlocked when we were last there.

WE ARE IN ROME FROM THE 27TH UNTIL WE PICK UP THE SHIP ON THE 29TH. HAVE ARRANGED A TRANSFER FROM OUR HOTEL TO THE PORT.

1 minute ago, bigfish5540 said:

WE ARE IN ROME FROM THE 27TH UNTIL WE PICK UP THE SHIP ON THE 29TH. HAVE ARRANGED A TRANSFER FROM OUR HOTEL TO THE PORT.

Great news.

Rome is a fantastic city and you are definitely doing the right thing by staying there precruise.

You have a fantastic itinerary at a great time of year to visit when you will avoid the extreme heat and humidity during July and August.

Best wishes for a super Mediterranean cruise.

Graham

On 4/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

my opinion, and a lot of people don't agree, is do the RC excursions.

I have anxiety and the thought of the ship leaving is always front of mind when I take a private tour. Especially one not in my country. So I always book the RC excursions because if we are late, they wont leave us.

Laura totally agrees with you. Plenty of nice ship tours as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Great news.

Rome is a fantastic city and you are definitely doing the right thing by staying there precruise.

You have a fantastic itinerary at a great time of year to visit when you will avoid the extreme heat and humidity during July and August.

Graham

I ASSUME YOU HAVE DONE THE SAME CRUISE / ITINERARY GRAHAM ??

Just now, bigfish5540 said:

I ASSUME YOU HAVE DONE THE SAME CRUISE / ITINERARY GRAHAM ??

Not on Jewel but we have done all the Mediterranean ports many times and all the ports you are doing are wonderful.

We sail next week on Independence for our 50th cruise.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news.

Graham

YOUR ADVICE/OBSERVATIONS WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP IF YOU HAVE DONE THE SAME ITINERARY  IE RE USING RC OR DIY AS WE HAVE DONE IN THE CARRIBEAN. MIDDLE EAST WE USED THE SHIPS EXCURSIONS

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Not on Jewel but we have done all the Mediterranean ports many times and all the ports you are doing are wonderful.

WOW, CONGRATS I HOPE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL. ARE YOU A MANC ??

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

WE ARE CELEBRATING OUR 30TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED LOL

20 minutes ago, bigfish5540 said:

WE ARE CELEBRATING OUR 30TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED LOL

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary.

We celebrated our 30th on Adventure in August 2011 as new Diamond members 

22 minutes ago, bigfish5540 said:

YOUR ADVICE/OBSERVATIONS WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP IF YOU HAVE DONE THE SAME ITINERARY  IE RE USING RC OR DIY AS WE HAVE DONE IN THE CARRIBEAN. MIDDLE EAST WE USED THE SHIPS EXCURSIONS

We have done ships tours in all the ports as well as around the Arabian Peninsula on Splendour,Navigator, Brilliance, Adventure, Harmony,Allure and Freedom.

Edited by grapau27

30 minutes ago, bigfish5540 said:

WOW, CONGRATS I HOPE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL. ARE YOU A MANC ??

We are from Sunderland and are flying from Newcastle down to Southampton.

We are on P&O Ventura in August for our 38th anniversary.