Flam Railway

Nonnie1975

We will be riding on the train on the Full Day Railway Journey after getting off the Sky in June.  Is one side of the train better than the other for views and photos? On the return is it motor coach, the description in the information didn't clarify what it will be? Again, is one side better than the other?  Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Nonnie, haven't done it but I believe that there are other threads here that have covered the topic and also don't forget the ports of call forum because this is more of a port question--and the bigger the audience, the more answers. 

I'm assuming that you mean the train from Bergen to Oslo (or Oslo to Bergen).  If so both sides of the train are great!  You might find yourself looking longingly at the scenery on the other side for some time and wishing you were there but soon enough they will be envying your view!  Besides, when we went the seats were assigned and the car was full so no back and forth was possible.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:40 PM, Nonnie1975 said:

We will be riding on the train on the Full Day Railway Journey after getting off the Sky in June.  Is one side of the train better than the other for views and photos? On the return is it motor coach, the description in the information didn't clarify what it will be? Again, is one side better than the other?  Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Is Viking arranging this or you?

no - the FLAM trian is a connector to the Oslo Bergen train running from FLAM to Myrdal

I don't recall any bus at Myr' waiting to load folks for the cruise ship which was in when we rode up (and connected thru to Oslo), or a bus or a taxi for anywhere else for that matter.  there's the station and nothing else .... zip ..... population ZERO

I believe this is a round trip when done as a cruise excursion, both ways on the train but that's a guess.  Up to the station and back after a short stop.  Note the train also stops at the waterfall along the way and you can get out for a few minutes ... there's a viewing platform.

100_0402.JPG

100_0403.JPG

• Like 1

p.s. I believe the round trip to be true because we rode up and got off a M and we were among a very few that did get off .... most stayed on the train for the return.  Maybe 2 dozen folks were waiting for connecting trains to Bergen or Oslo

You may be referencing the full days journey to Voss? First half is Flam railway and return via bus? At least that is what is being offered on our "Icelands Majestic Landscapes" which I intend to book.