saver or select on Dubai Cruises?

Bobblehat71

Is there any benefit in booking a select price for Dubai?

I usually book select for the free parking in Southampton, freedom dining and occasional shuttle bus. There's no free parking required with Dubai and I can live without the freedom dining. Only ever had one free shuttle bus in 3 cruises.

Any info much appreciated .  

Choice of cabin position on the ship might be worth the extra money as Saver you can be put anywhere by P&O and have a ship in a noisy part of the ship or one which could increase the chance of suffering with sea sickness.

1 hour ago, BrianI said:

You usually get on board credit with a select booking, which reduces the differential cost to a saver. It can sometimes make the fares very close. 

Brian

Thanks for the replies.

Yes the OBC usually goes some way to compensate for the higher price but unfortunately the select price  on this is a couple of hundred £ more than the OBC .

It really depends on how important the position of your cabin is to you.  There's someone on another website at the moment who booked a saver fare, presumably knowing they'd have no choice in which cabin they were given, moaning like anything because it's above one of the entertainment places and saying they'll never cruise with P&O again!  So just think whether it really doesn't bother you if you were above or below a night club, theatre or whatever and if you don't mind that then go for Saver.  You've already said you're not bothered about Freedom Dining so maybe Saver would be fine.

Personally the choice of cabin is paramount for me so I'd never book a Saver Fare but I can understand how you don't want to spend money unnecessarily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Cheers Annie,

Never booked a Saver before but its a big chunk of money to save (approx £500) so may take a gamble.

Not in a desperate rush to book and do have other options , so waiting to see if the price drops a little. 

When we went to Arabian Gulf in February this year, all the Shuttles were free I think. We used the shuttle in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat they were free and we never showed a cruise card, I think all the others were free as well.

We booked a Select fare for our Dubai fly cruise next year.  Main reason was cabin location, followed by freedom dining. we dalso got a little bit of additional OBC over the Select.  Overall, the select fare cost us £55pp more than the saver on a two week cruise.  For us the cabin location and dining are worth the money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bee-ess said:

When we went to Arabian Gulf in February this year, all the Shuttles were free I think. We used the shuttle in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat they were free and we never showed a cruise card, I think all the others were free as well.

Thanks Bee , thats what I was hoping . There's seems to be so few P&O shuttles that are chargeable that its hardly a perk at all.