Nassau

wvrose54

I know that they replaced Nassau with Coco Cay for many of the Mariner's Eastern itineries. Perhaps that is what you mean? I've never been to Coco Cay but most people say that they prefer that stop to Nassau anyhow so maybe its not such a bad trade off.

I know when we got to Nassau they were saying that Sun International is starting to buy up all the properties so that they can expand Atlantis. As a result more and more of the island is becoming "off limits" to cruise passengers.

....that RCCL dropped Nassau from our itinerary on the Jewel for the 8 day departing March 25. Left us with 3 sea days. Only thing we have been able to find out is some kind of "port conflict or congestion". There is at least one other cruise impacted, I think it might be the Radiance or Brilliance for the same time period. Both affected itineraries were to dock in Nassau April 1 or so, and both kept Nassau the weeks before and after, so there must be something going on that particular weekend.

It was only to be a half day stop, and we have been there before a couple of times, so no great loss to us. But there are some others that are more upset, and I guess who can blame them.

bobj

Of course, this is just mho, but having been to both Coco Cay and Nassau, I'd much rather spend a day at Coco Cay. It's a relaxing day at the beach and usually Nassau is either at the beginning or the end of the cruise so usually just stay on board and enjoy a less crowded ship.

Has anybody heard that RCCL has dropped Nassau off their itinary? We are sailing in March and that was one of our stops. How can we find out?

Go onto www.rccl.com Pull up your reservation. Click on the My Itinerary link and it will tell you where you are going.

Thank you all for all of the input. It was very helpful. I did go into my itinary and it is still there. My hubby and I were there last year also and we prefered coco cay over nassau but there are 4 others in our group this time that have never been and they are looking forward to going to paradise island. Thanks again for the info!!:)

Archived