EZ Air Sale

MixerDave

I was reviewing the itinerary for our 12/9 Star cruise to Hawaii and noticed an "air Sale". Our flight from Tampa to LA were 40% less than what I had reserved, but when I attempted to switch the flights, The price jumped up above our original fare.  A call to Princess cleared everything up.  I would have to give up the Premier beverage package to obtain the lower pricing - so not really a sale.

I am planning on using Southwest when they release their schedule, since luggage fees on the other airlines was high.  Besides, my wife has a way of filling 4 suitcases, when only 2 would be necessary.

1 hour ago, MixerDave said:

I was reviewing the itinerary for our 12/9 Star cruise to Hawaii and noticed an "air Sale". Our flight from Tampa to LA were 40% less than what I had reserved, but when I attempted to switch the flights, The price jumped up above our original fare.  A call to Princess cleared everything up.  I would have to give up the Premier beverage package to obtain the lower pricing - so not really a sale.

I am planning on using Southwest when they release their schedule, since luggage fees on the other airlines was high.  Besides, my wife has a way of filling 4 suitcases, when only 2 would be necessary.

There is always a catch.   

• Like 3

The day after I booked our Hawaiian cruise in November, Princess came out with the $250 towards air flight.  I called our TA and we were able to get in on the deal without giving up anything.  This has never happened to us before, we must be living right.  We were happy that we got to keep all the OBC.

Our TA just got a great fare through Princess EZ Air for our August 2019 British Isles Cruise - $514 round trip per person on Delta (ride-share with Virgin) and coming home on United (Heathrow to Newark NJ).  Considering what I have been reading we are thrilled.  Looking forward to our first cruise to British Isles!

• Haha 1

That is very normal for them to offer a sale on one portion of your entire cruise experience but to jack up the price on another part.  You really have to watch and compare apples to apples to make sure you're getting the best deal for your situation.  It pays to check your cruise price and airfare often if you have a Flexible Fare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zaks pack4 said:

Our TA just got a great fare through Princess EZ Air for our August 2019 British Isles Cruise - $514 round trip per person on Delta (ride-share with Virgin) and coming home on United (Heathrow to Newark NJ).  Considering what I have been reading we are thrilled.  Looking forward to our first cruise to British Isles!

LOL  That is too funny!  "Ride-share"?  I think you mean "code share".  :classic_biggrin:  But with all the Uber & Lyft stuff, I can see how you'd call it that.  Thanks for the laugh.  You're going to love your British Isles cruise!  It's absolutely awesome!  :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/30/2019 at 5:30 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

LOL  That is too funny!  "Ride-share"?  I think you mean "code share".  :classic_biggrin:  But with all the Uber & Lyft stuff, I can see how you'd call it that.  Thanks for the laugh.  You're going to love your British Isles cruise!  It's absolutely awesome!  :classic_smile:

LOL.       Thanks, Drives Like Mario!   :)

• Like 1