Northern Beach Clubs

c-leg5

It has been a while since we stayed on the island and there seem to be several “new” to us northern beach clubs which i haven't heard much about Tequila Beach Club, Island Beach Club and Coco Tiki? 

Any comments or reviews? Are these cruise ship  excursions that get busy - Tequila/Island possibly?

I know one is located between Buccanos and Playa Azul, which seems rather cramped, but wondering if they have taken over the ziplines and activities from Buccanos? The other two are north and south of there.

I would welcome any prices and comments on atmosphere.

Edited by c-leg5

From my research Island Beach Club seems to be used exclusively by Carnival. I had asked about it on this board before, and there just doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there. There's several cruise excursions that go there - plain beach day, shore snorkel, zip line, etc. It gets good reviews on Carnival, and no mentions of it being too crowded. There's a few reviews on TripAdvisor that are pretty positive as well.

I don't know anything about the other two you mentioned.

57 minutes ago, lab_love123 said:

From my research Island Beach Club seems to be used exclusively by Carnival. I had asked about it on this board before, and there just doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there. There's several cruise excursions that go there - plain beach day, shore snorkel, zip line, etc. It gets good reviews on Carnival, and no mentions of it being too crowded. There's a few reviews on TripAdvisor that are pretty positive as well.

I don't know anything about the other two you mentioned.

Thanks!

Did you go there in the end? The aerial photos almost look like they may have taken some of the land from Buccanos. It didn’t seem like there was much  land between Buccanos and Playa Azul and i am wondering if it has become crowded with the zipline and another pool etc.

i agree there doesn't seem to be many reviews or info out there.

Edited by c-leg5

I have not gone on my cruise yet. I go in November. I’m just an early planner LOL. I’m sailing solo, and looking for an inexpensive beach day. I may still wind up there; I’m just not sure where I want to go. For budgeting purposes, I don’t want to assume I’ll find someone to share a taxi with and that impacts the affordability of other places! 

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, lab_love123 said:

I have not gone on my cruise yet. I go in November. I’m just an early planner LOL. I’m sailing solo, and looking for an inexpensive beach day. I may still wind up there; I’m just not sure where I want to go. For budgeting purposes, I don’t want to assume I’ll find someone to share a taxi with and that impacts the affordability of other places! 

Still looking for updates on any of these places for our next cruise. I had Coco Tiki recommended by a local a couple of weeks ago but online reviews don’t seem that great.

please report back if you go to Island, we go in December.

Edited by c-leg5

Will do! I’m pretty sure that’s where I’m going. I keep researching too, so I’ll post here if I find any new info. There’s been a few newer reviews for excursions that go to Islands that I’ve come across and they all seem positive. 

I’ve never heard of Coco Tiki. For me, it’d be hard to choose something that doesn’t get great reviews when there are lots of places that do have good reviews. 

Edited by lab_love123

17 minutes ago, lab_love123 said:

Will do! I’m pretty sure that’s where I’m going. I keep researching too, so I’ll post here if I find any new info. There’s been a few newer reviews for excursions that go to Islands that I’ve come across and they all seem positive. 

I’ve never heard of Coco Tiki. For me, it’d be hard to choose something that doesn’t get great reviews when there are lots of places that do have good reviews. 

Thanks!