Walk to Money Bar?

cole'snana

14 hours ago, cole'snana said:

We like to walk!  Anyone know how far it is to the Money Bar, where we hope to eat and snorkel, from where Caribbean Princess will dock?

Thank you.

You could walk. It is about 2 miles from Puerta Maya to Money Bar with a cycle lane (and maybe sidewalk) from the port to the turn off to the old highway. You would need to watch for traffic especially on the old highway section.

you can do a “virtual” walk on google maps, all the way to help decide. I would walk to Discover Mexico, but any further I would take a taxi, like John.

i think someone reported doing it before if you can find it in the search. If you do it report back and let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...

I actually did walk there--very safe and doable and fine until the turnoff, but then only because there is no sidewalk.  Since it was early in the day, there was very little traffic so no problem.  The worst problem was a rain shower that hit while I was walking.  I shared a taxi with some friends going back so not sure how bad the traffic would be later in the day.

4 hours ago, mcmarya said:

I actually did walk there--very safe and doable and fine until the turnoff, but then only because there is no sidewalk.  Since it was early in the day, there was very little traffic so no problem.  The worst problem was a rain shower that hit while I was walking.  I shared a taxi with some friends going back so not sure how bad the traffic would be later in the day.

Exactly what I said above- fine until the turn off at old highway.

At least traffic is now one- way after that now except for bicycles.

• 2 months later...

We always go to the Money Bar when we go to Cozumel.. We taxi there and always walk back. It’s perfectly safe, there is not much traffic on the side road to the Money Bar and it is only a one way road, there is no sidewalk on this stretch of road. It usually takes us about 25 minutes to walk.