Breakaway Pricing

danak13

Hey all,

To start, I know that no one can guarantee or knows pricing for sure.  This is more of a curiosity/keep hope alive question.  

My SO and I have done Thanksgiving week cruises the past two years on the Pearl and gotten phenomenal pricing/deals.  We want to do another one this year and are looking at the Breakaway.  We are open to going the week after as well as those seem a bit cheaper.  However, prices right now are a little high for us.  I know they fluctuate daily so I plan on doing my due diligence and checking almost daily.

Just wondering the best deal people have gotten/seen for the Breakaway.  For comparison, this would be a 7 night sailing out of Port Canaveral to the Caribbean.  Ideally would love another balcony.  

Thanks for your input!   

I've consistently seen the best deals for BA in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. In '16 we were actually able to afford a Haven suite the second week of December. It was awesome because they were decorating the ship for Christmas while we were cruising.

I just checked and most of the larger NCL ships have big dips in price the 1st/2nd week of December.

NB: One of the reasons for the big price drop was (then) BA sailed out of NY. Sailing out of NY the first two weeks of December means that at least 3 of the 7 days you'll have pretty chilly weather. But with the Haven to retreat to, it certainly didn't dampen our trip!

8 minutes ago, ryarger said:

I've consistently seen the best deals for BA in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. In '16 we were actually able to afford a Haven suite the second week of December. It was awesome because they were decorating the ship for Christmas while we were cruising.

I just checked and most of the larger NCL ships have big dips in price the 1st/2nd week of December.

NB: One of the reasons for the big price drop was (then) BA sailed out of NY. Sailing out of NY the first two weeks of December means that at least 3 of the 7 days you'll have pretty chilly weather. But with the Haven to retreat to, it certainly didn't dampen our trip!

that's very promising to read.  Ideally we would love Thanksgiving or the week after to make it a long vacation but, if the price was really good, we would consider the 2nd week in December too! 

Prices often drop a bit after the final payment deadline (120 days) if there are many cabins still unsold. Then they drop a lot around 60 days out if there are still a lot of unsold cabins.

But if the sailing is selling well you won't see a lot of change.