Excursions Missing from Cruise Planner

Has anyone else noticed that excursions that are available for a particular cruise regularly appear and disappear from the Cruise Planner for the particular port?  Sometimes an excursion (that I've either paid for or am watching) appears in the listing; sometimes it does not.  Later in the day - sometimes minutes later -  the same excursion (whether I previously paid for it or not) reappears.  Makes it difficult to plan excursions and track prices.

I think it depends on availability, too.  If a given excursion has a limit of 20 people and all those 20 slots are sold, the excursion might disappear, because there's nothing left for you to purchase.  

Then if someone cancels their excursion, those slots become available again so the tour appears again. 

Also, if the tour operator adds a second boat / bus / guide / whatever to handle the additional demand, the tour would become available to purchase again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I think it depends on availability, too.  If a given excursion has a limit of 20 people and all those 20 slots are sold, the excursion might disappear, because there's nothing left for you to purchase.  

Then if someone cancels their excursion, those slots become available again so the tour appears again. 

Also, if the tour operator adds a second boat / bus / guide / whatever to handle the additional demand, the tour would become available to purchase again.

That sounds too logical for RCCL.

As long as it doesn't vanish from the Order History it isn't a problem.  Not likely to get any sale price reductions if it isn't being actively sold, though.

55 minutes ago, LeeW said:

As long as it doesn't vanish from the Order History it isn't a problem.  Not likely to get any sale price reductions if it isn't being actively sold, though.

Looks like that's it - you can click on it in the order history and see the current price.

Edited by Mark O

6 hours ago, Mark O said:

That sounds too logical for RCCL.

But in this case, reselling of excursions is an easy money-maker for RCCL, so they actually have an incentive to make sure that part of their system functions accordingly!!!!  😄