"LIVE" from Celebrity Summit

Radio

We're also in the September 1st sailing, curious about the distance to visit those too. My daughter is turning 3yr old, 2 days before the cruise and she would love it! We also have our 9month old with us, so its gonna be fun! 

• Like 1

We took ferry to Hamilton and 10 or 11 bus to Aquarium and Zoo. Bus terminal is about a 10-15 minute walk from the ferry. Also took bus from there to crystal caves. You can get tokens for the ferry and get book of 15 tickets at the ferry terminal in Hamilton, good for buses or ferry. Need the all zone tickets.

Should be less than $100 for 2 people if you go to both attractions. Around half of that would be admission to the caves but they were worth seeing.

If you do both, best to go to AquarI'm first since caves are very crowded in am with tour buses.

There is a great ice cream place near en trance to caves - bailey's. Swizzle Inn across the street from bailey's. You can get the famous rum swizzle, but I'd do that after the caves not before.

Aquarium and zoo were our definite favorites.

15 minutes ago, srdancer said:

We took ferry to Hamilton and 10 or 11 bus to Aquarium and Zoo. Bus terminal is about a 10-15 minute walk from the ferry. Also took bus from there to crystal caves. You can get tokens for the ferry and get book of 15 tickets at the ferry terminal in Hamilton, good for buses or ferry. Need the all zone tickets.

Should be less than $100 for 2 people if you go to both attractions. Around half of that would be admission to the caves but they were worth seeing.

If you do both, best to go to AquarI'm first since caves are very crowded in am with tour buses.

There is a great ice cream place near en trance to caves - bailey's. Swizzle Inn across the street from bailey's. You can get the famous rum swizzle, but I'd do that after the caves not before.

Aquarium and zoo were our definite favorites.

Thank you!  

10 hours ago, srdancer said:

Aquarium and zoo great with kids. Caves not good for babies and toddlers.

Totally agree.  We have done this cruise 4 other times and we have one scheduled in 2020.  Wonderful itinerary and ship, but the caves,  not so much for kids under 5.  Lots of dark areas with lots of steps. I would think it might be scary or tedious for them.  I don’t think you can take a stroller with all those steps, not sure, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

Great to see that you are still at it! Linda and I haven't done the Bermuda run in several years now, we were looking to see what was sailing and I was very happy to see your LIVE posts. Fantastic pics and very informative as always. Last time we sailed from Bayonne was last December on Anthem which we will be sailing the Anthem Holiday cruise again this year.

I was interested in the facial recognition disembark you mentioned. Was that for Custom and Immigration? Really in place of presenting passport? We recently sailed Caribbean Princess this June out of Fort Lauderdale which is high tech using the Medallion system, surprised that they didn't have facial recognition at Pier 1.

It was also interesting to see the electric vehicles offered as alternative to scooter rental. Was price comparable? Always loved the two of us sharing a scooter and going all over the island. But alas every year we get a bit older and I do foresee having to pass on scooter somewhere in the future, nice to see may be an alternative.

I believe I saw that The Empress of The Seas would be doing Bermuda from Bayonne next year as well. Though older ship the draw will be it's ability to do the old itinerary, Hamilton Front Street docking and switch to St George's. I miss the old days of doing that switch with them moving your scooter for you etc. Today's ships are two large and would require dredging and such  to Hamilton Harbor. That would make Hamilton less protected from storms so will not be done.

Thanks as always for taking us along on this sailing with you. Sooner or later we will once again bump into each other on ship I have no doubt. Happy sailing!!!

George in NY

Will be sailing on the September 8 Summit New England cruise.  Since there is no game room on the newly renovated Summit,  are there areas around the ship with tables where people can play bridge, canasta and Mah Jong?

12 hours ago, hurwitz5 said:

Will be sailing on the September 8 Summit New England cruise.  Since there is no game room on the newly renovated Summit,  are there areas around the ship with tables where people can play bridge, canasta and Mah Jong?

Last week on the Summit I saw people playing cards at a table just aft of guest services, the table and chairs were next to the cart of books for loan or exchange now that there is no longer a proper library on board.