Best Tour Operator in Martinique to pick up at port?

CruisingAnne

I am looking to book a northern island tour. It is sold out through Disney (our cruise line), so I have to book this on my own. I've never done this before, so I need help! :)

Mostly worried about missing the departure time of the ship due to possibly unreliable shore excursion provider. Also looking for the most inclusive, and most relaxing tour, inlc. the historical sights and beach time. Looking for half day tour, leaving in the AM.

Has anyone done research and used one tour provider over another and can provide feedback which tour group to book through?

On 5/4/2019 at 5:38 PM, CruisingAnne said:

I am looking to book a northern island tour. It is sold out through Disney (our cruise line), so I have to book this on my own. I've never done this before, so I need help! 🙂

Mostly worried about missing the departure time of the ship due to possibly unreliable shore excursion provider. Also looking for the most inclusive, and most relaxing tour, inlc. the historical sights and beach time. Looking for half day tour, leaving in the AM.

Has anyone done research and used one tour provider over another and can provide feedback which tour group to book through?

Take time are you docking, then add 30 minutes for

clearance, then another 30 minutes to get off the ship, then the drive to the north of the island is about 1.25 hours, then add 1.50 hours back (traffic), to the ship before 12.00 having seen all the sights and beach time.  Think you need a time machine.

if you have more time then contact

https://www.beyondthebeach.fr/

Friends have never had a poor tour with them.

Addendum

Don't spend valuable tour time buying Rhum as the Duty Free, accessed as you board, has a splendid selection of top end Rhums at excellent prices.  

Can suggested expressions if asked.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Addendum

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 12:38 PM, CruisingAnne said:

I am looking to book a northern island tour. It is sold out through Disney (our cruise line), so I have to book this on my own. I've never done this before, so I need help! 🙂

What time does your ship depart, why a half day tour? A half day tour on this island is inadequate, I not only don't recommend it I'm not sure there is one. Yes you can pay a driver to take you up in the mountains for the morning or something like that, but an organized "half day" tour, I'm not sure Martinique is the island for a "half day tour".

Good luck, if you happen to change your mind I can recommend a full day tour that will enlighten you. 

Have a nice weekend.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:47 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Take time are you docking, then add 30 minutes for

clearance, then another 30 minutes to get off the ship, then the drive to the north of the island is about 1.25 hours, then add 1.50 hours back (traffic), to the ship before 12.00 having seen all the sights and beach time.  Think you need a time machine.

if you have more time then contact

https://www.beyondthebeach.fr/

Friends have never had a poor tour with them.

Addendum

Don't spend valuable tour time buying Rhum as the Duty Free, accessed as you board, has a splendid selection of top end Rhums at excellent prices.  

Can suggested expressions if asked.

That's too much math for me.

If my ship ported in the morning and left early in the afternoon forget about buying "Rhum", I'm having breakfast on the ship(early) hitting the nicest bar in downtown Fort-de-France, drinking Bloody Mary's, and doing shot's of Rum, much less buying it, for the remainder of my morning, or until I had to head back to the ship.

Beyond the beach? Other than the bar I was referring to, with that type of time frame, and I'm always the last guy on the ship, I wouldn't go beyond anything, including my 3rd Bloody Mary. 

If your ship leaves early afternoon and your brunch/lunch includes Bloody Mary's after the 3rd one, you need to start heading back to the ship.😁 If you absolutely have to have a 4th one, listen to what I'm telling you, get it in a to go cup and start walking TOWARDS THE SHIP!!! 

Simple math, I try and keep it that way.😉😎

4 hours ago, TTEllis said:

That's too much math for me.

If my ship ported in the morning and left early in the afternoon forget about buying "Rhum", I'm having breakfast on the ship(early) hitting the nicest bar in downtown Fort-de-France, drinking Bloody Mary's, and doing shot's of Rum, much less buying it, for the remainder of my morning, or until I had to head back to the ship.

Beyond the beach? Other than the bar I was referring to, with that type of time frame, and I'm always the last guy on the ship, I wouldn't go beyond anything, including my 3rd Bloody Mary. 

If your ship leaves early afternoon and your brunch/lunch includes Bloody Mary's after the 3rd one, you need to start heading back to the ship.😁 If you absolutely have to have a 4th one, listen to what I'm telling you, get it in a to go cup and start walking TOWARDS THE SHIP!!! 

Simple math, I try and keep it that way.😉😎

If you're looking for a beach bar, then may one suggest Lills, and gently sip the two top end La Favorite Rhums, served with a cold beer chaser.

Or, as you probably wish, go for their famous brain numbing cocktails with a Rhum shots as chasers.

A good bar vibe, with nice food being popular with hotel staying tourists and locals, just a short taxi ride from the pier.  

Don't know of any other Fort de France bar that serves La Favorite.  

Plenty of taxis for the return ride to the ship.

Addendum

On your return the Duty Free Shop on the pier has La Favorite.  From memory, as you enter the DF, two thirds down on right, top shelf area.

Have a great day.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Addendum

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If you're looking for a beach bar, then may one suggest Lills, and gently sip the two top end La Favorite Rhums, served with a cold beer chaser.

Or, as you probably wish, go for their famous brain numbing cocktails with a Rhum shots as chasers.

A good bar vibe, with nice food being popular with hotel staying tourists and locals, just a short taxi ride from the pier.  

Don't know of any other Fort de France bar that serves La Favorite.  

Plenty of taxis for the return ride to the ship.

Addendum

On your return the Duty Free Shop on the pier has La Favorite.  From memory, as you enter the DF, two thirds down on right, top shelf area.

Have a great day.

That's it!!! Yummy!!! I love top shelf La Favorite Rhums especially two of them, with a cold beer chaser, your killing me that sounds wonderful.

Martinique is too big of an island to get caught somewhere with your ship leaving early in the afternoon. I'm not a rum drinker, never have been, drink pretty much everything else but never rum.

The rum I had at the Depaz Distillery was GREAT!!! When our tour bus was driving up the property all that beautiful sugar cane on our left, fields and fields of it, that's what we happen to be drinking!!:classic_wacko: A lil flavor of the day thrown in but that's what your drinking.

After visiting Martinique I am now a full fledged rum drinker, yes sir I'm a rum drinker now(certainly doesn't take much) but when you sip rum(we didn't have a beer chaser but we will next time) on Martinique at the distillery that's in a magnificent setting Mt. Pelee smothered in paradise, that changes things, with alcohol and myself this time being rum, I'm in for life. 

The distillery is not only palatial they make great rum everything, we had rum candy I bought some rum lollipops that were GREAT!! Thanks for the info Todd

11 hours ago, TTEllis said:

That's it!!! Yummy!!! I love top shelf La Favorite Rhums especially two of them, with a cold beer chaser, your killing me that sounds wonderful.

Martinique is too big of an island to get caught somewhere with your ship leaving early in the afternoon. I'm not a rum drinker, never have been, drink pretty much everything else but never rum.

The rum I had at the Depaz Distillery was GREAT!!! When our tour bus was driving up the property all that beautiful sugar cane on our left, fields and fields of it, that's what we happen to be drinking!!:classic_wacko: A lil flavor of the day thrown in but that's what your drinking.

After visiting Martinique I am now a full fledged rum drinker, yes sir I'm a rum drinker now(certainly doesn't take much) but when you sip rum(we didn't have a beer chaser but we will next time) on Martinique at the distillery that's in a magnificent setting Mt. Pelee smothered in paradise, that changes things, with alcohol and myself this time being rum, I'm in for life. 

The distillery is not only palatial they make great rum everything, we had rum candy I bought some rum lollipops that were GREAT!! Thanks for the info Todd

Apologises, but forgot to mention the expressions.

La Favorite La Filbuste (25 years)

La Favorite Cuvée Privilege (30 years)

Because these expressions are so expensive in the U.K., along with other Rums/Rhums I now buy them direct from Martinique 

On 5/17/2019 at 5:07 AM, TTEllis said:

What time does your ship depart, why a half day tour? A half day tour on this island is inadequate, I not only don't recommend it I'm not sure there is one. Yes you can pay a driver to take you up in the mountains for the morning or something like that, but an organized "half day" tour, I'm not sure Martinique is the island for a "half day tour".

Good luck, if you happen to change your mind I can recommend a full day tour that will enlighten you. 

Have a nice weekend.

Our ship is in the port all day until 5:30 or so. I was trying to keep it half day if possible, but looks like that's not a good idea. What's your full-day recommendation?

7 hours ago, CruisingAnne said:

Our ship is in the port all day until 5:30 or so. I was trying to keep it half day if possible, but looks like that's not a good idea. What's your full-day recommendation?

Karambola Tours, with Christelle Eugene many of us have done the Pile et Face tour with her, it was one of the highlights of my vacation. It's a whole day tour and the only way to go. You can check out her reviews here on CC or TripAdvisor, top shelf tour from start to finish. Good luck and have fun. Todd