Signature Beverage Package - include bottled water?

sillypuppy

On our first Alaskan cruise this coming Wednesday as well as our first with HAL!  Just wondering if the SBP includes bottled water, soda, milkshakes, etc.  Or is that only with the Elite package?

The Signature Beverage Package (15 alcoholic beverages) includes the Quench Beverage Package at no additional cost.  Quench covers soft drinks, bottled waters, energy drinks, specialty coffees, juices, smoothies, etc.  There has been widespread confusion on whether or not the SBP covered 15 alcoholic drinks or 15 drinks total.  What I have written above is a clarification from HAL Corp HQ in Seattle as of a couple months ago.  I am sure the confusion will continue because I have yet to see this clarification documented on HAL web pages.  I asked them to do so.  Either way your SBP covers bottled waters and everything else the Quench package includes.  The only difference would be 15 drinks total drinks or 15 alcoholic drinks with unlimited "other" drinks.  As a practical matter, I think 15 drinks total is more than enough alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for most people.

• Thanks 1

I don't remember any "milkshakes" being served on the ship, but the SBP does cover bar drinks (and virgin bar drinks) made with ice cream.  Once I ordered a Beck's Beer vanilla ice cream float.  Just to see what it would be like.  I had the SBP, so it didn't really matter if I liked it or not. As expected it was TERRIBLE.

10 hours ago, sillypuppy said:

On our first Alaskan cruise this coming Wednesday as well as our first with HAL!  Just wondering if the SBP includes bottled water, soda, milkshakes, etc.  Or is that only with the Elite package?

Many cruisers report upgrading to the EBP for about $11/day.  The limit increases from $11per drink to $15 per drink.  One better glass of wine each day and you have already paid for your upgrade. I believe you have to upgrade both people in the stateroom unless the 2nd person has a medical release.

Edited by dundeene

500 ML AND BELOW

On Oosterdam now and we asked 3 bartenders yesterday which waters were included. They all said any of them, and rang us up 750 and 1 liter bottles.

NO.

You will be charged $6.33 each. Supposedly this changed yesterday. We are still trying to get the charges cleared.

Yes both people in the stateroom have to buy the package.  Also if you drank your 15 drinks already,  you can't start drinking your wife's "spare" drinks.  At least that is the rule.  Holland America does not have a particularly good high end wine or beer selection.  On our very first cruise with HAL there was no restriction on the amount of wine you could bring on board.  When I asked they said, "as much as you can fit in your cabin."  At the time we were traveling with another couple also big into wine so we each brought a case of various high end wines. And for most we did not pay corkage even though they opened it in the dining room.  The trick is to make friends with the Sommelier.  Make sure the wine is "collectible" and something he has never tried but has heard about and really wants to try.  Also make sure he's invited to try all your wines.  It was a 1 week cruise but somehow managed to drink both cases. We shared some with our other table mates too. We no longer collect wine and these days drink mainly gin martinis, so the HALs "wine situation" is no longer a factor.