specialty dining golden princess

milo696

First time cruisers taking the southbound glacier cruise in July from whittier. We have some onboard credits to use and wanted to reserve some specialty dining. 

Unfortunately, we found out that you cannot use onboard credits for advance reservations, only after you have boarded the ship. In checking for times available, many

nights showed unavailable already. 

My question to those who are more knowledgeable, are there more times that open up once the cruise gets under way? I really hate to prepay for a specialty restaurant

when I have money to use once on the ship.

Thanks

Yes, you can reserve on board. Call the dining line or visit the restaurant one boarding day afternoon for the best selections. There are times available other than those shown in the cruise personlizer.

Princess sets aside two blocks of time each night for those willing to prepay for Specialty dining. Plenty of other times will be available once you board. (Other than embarkation night on which Full Suite guests dine complimentary in the Specialty restaurants--but there have been reports of successful walk ups by non-suite guests)

Which restaurant are you looking for? Crown Grill does seem to fill up earlier than Sabatini's. But Golden has the "new" Sabatini's Trattoria menu which was one of the best meals I have had on Princess when I was on last year in Alaska.