rental car rates down in ANC

princess_mom

Hi - I had reserved a compact car with Avis for 4 days in Aug 2019 back in January. Pick-up and return to ANC for $229 which I thought was a good deal. Just doing some random checking and found Enterprise full-size car for $198 total for the same dates. I did have a discount through my job for both reservations. Happy to save $30 and get the bigger car since there will be 4 of us. Just wanted to share because I see a lot of posts regarding the high rental car rates in Alaska.

Happy Cruising!

• Like 1

Off airport rental rate are usually much cheaper that at the airport.  There are a lot of extra fees and taxes at the airport.

This is true anywhere, not just in Alaska.

Edited by Earplug

It is amazing how the rental car prices change so quickly. We rented a full size from Ted Stephens airport on Jan 21 for 8 days in May. It was $417 total. I then cancelled and rebooked late Feb. for $248. Then again about 2 weeks ago for $210. Checked just now, price is $276. I'm beginning to wonder if the price would go down at the counter when paying the day it is picked up. Or go up?? We did the reservation from Enterprise due to the ratings and reviews - best that I found of any rent car agency. To top that off, the price was, on Jan. 21 very competitive with others. The Alaska Air terminal is literally across the street form the car rental building at Ted Stephens.

If a company has multtiple locations,  check the price at each location, as  prices can vary greatly between the downtown office and the airport. 

ie I've had great prices from Enterprise at their Int'l Airport Rd location . It's only 4 miles away so the cab fee is more than covered by the rental savings.

At the Vancouver International offsite location not far from the airport, they have free shuttles every 15 minutes or so. And I'll ditto on checking all the other locations. Worked great for us when we were price shopping.