I'd like to read your positive comments about Carnival Victory.

It's a rough day at work, and I would like to see something nice.

We booked 2 inside cabins at 499 days out - Wife and I in one, eldest daughter and her husband next door.

Here we sit at 216 Days, and it's since changed to add our youngest daughter and her BF - and we're now all in Lido Balconies.  

The excitement is still there, even though the cruise is 7 months away.  I've run out of browsing material, so I'd love to know if you have any positive experiences aboard Carnival Victory that you would like to share.  Please feel free!

Also note:  I'm absolutely not looking for "old, needs work" type of stuff.  I can get enough of that from "reviews." You can play nice, can't you?  I knew you could.  Mr. Rogers would be so proud.

We took our 9 year old daughter and my father and mother in law on their first cruise last November on the Carnival Victory and we all had a blast. My father and mother in law were both a little nervous about cruising for the normal reasons.... worried about seasickness, worried about being "out in the middle of nowhere", etc. and by the end of day one they were sold and couldn't wait to book another one. We are going again this November. The food in the MDR was phenomenal and we had no complaints about the ship. My husband and I cruise about 1-2 times a year, normally either NCL or Carnival but have also cruised RC and thought the ship was just fine. We had a balcony room and were lucky to have a few dolphin sightings from it one day. You'll have a great time! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The girls went on a Disney cruise years ago (honestly, before I was in the pictures), but this will be their first time as adults.  Neither the husband or boyfriend have ever been.  

It's not like I'm some kind of 20,000 leagues over the sea kind of guy either - I've only been on three four-day trips.  But I love it.  And I hope that they take some of the same joy that I get out of it home with them, and can do it again in the future.

We were on the Victory last October. My wife's second cruise, my first.  We had a blast and were sad to get off the ship.  As you noted you're well aware it's not exactly the newest ship in the fleet, but, it didn't "feel" old to us.  It was well maintained, clean, and well appointed.  Crew and stewards were all friendly, and everyone we were around seemed to be having a good time.  We were on a 4 day Bahama cruise we stayed in an aft balcony and loved the view. While it may not have all the bells and whistles that the newer ships have what it does it does well.  We had a great cruise director in Philipee (sp?) There's something for everyone.  What's the itinerary?   Ours was Half Moon Cay (amazing), Nassau, sailing out of Miami.  Half Moon Cay was amazing, beautiful private island beach and the "I wish I could stay here forever" sign says it all.  Nassau we weren't as impressed with but enjoyed our time at the Warwick Resort day pass.  The food on the ship was all good with exception to the lido buffet for dinner we weren't impressed with that.  We loved Guy's, Blue Iguana, Pizza Pirate, and the Main Dining room.  If it's available I'd recommend Faster to the Fun, found in the excursions page in your booking.  We felt it was well worth it. We were on the ship within 30 min of arriving at the port, our room was ready when we got on board, didn't have to wait in line at customer service, and we were on/off the ship quickly for ports and debarkation.  

• Like 1

We love the Victory! We are Carnival Diamond cruisers which means we've been on a lot of their ships. We cruised the Victory last October and had a wonderful time. Staff is top notch as was the food in main dining room. We loved it so much we have booked a 3 day and 4 day B2B in October. We always stay on Lido, the best place to be. 

Pat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Are we on the same Carnival Victory sailing at the end of November to Cuba?

I have cruised on Victory multiple times, with my last cruise on Victory just ending yesterday. Victory was the first big ship (over 100,000 GT) I sailed on and is the reason I got addicted to cruising. We are booked on Victory for the cruise to Cuba the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Hopefully ships will still be going to Cuba then. That will be our last cruise on Victory before she becomes Radiance. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

I was on the Victory in October 2018 and I really liked it! I had a balcony, deck 7, and it was certainly up to par. Very spacious and had the pleasing blue accent decor. I really liked that the aft pool was “adults only” and they policed it. The area around it has the pizza place and seafood shack, and the area itself isn’t technically adults only, but since the pool is, people with kids didn’t really stick around. I also liked the public areas of the ship - the lounges, piano bar, etc. I had a very enjoyable cruise on the Victory!

5 hours ago, quickrate said:

We love the Victory! We are Carnival Diamond cruisers which means we've been on a lot of their ships. We cruised the Victory last October and had a wonderful time. Staff is top notch as was the food in main dining room. We loved it so much we have booked a 3 day and 4 day B2B in October. We always stay on Lido, the best place to be. 

Pat

We are sailing on Victory on a 3 day as well. Maybe to same one, Oct.11th? Anyway we sailed on Victory 19 years ago and are excited to get back onboard! Love all the positive feedback!

1 hour ago, RumpunchGirl said:

We are sailing on Victory on a 3 day as well. Maybe to same one, Oct.11th? Anyway we sailed on Victory 19 years ago and are excited to get back onboard! Love all the positive feedback!

Yep, we are doing October 7th and 11th. we will be in MN. August and september as we have a booth at the Renaissane Festival and my husband is a magician there.

Pat

42 minutes ago, quickrate said:

Yep, we are doing October 7th and 11th. we will be in MN. August and september as we have a booth at the Renaissane Festival and my husband is a magician there.

Pat

Small world! We live in the Twin Cities area and have a condo in Fort Myers.  We attended the Renaissance Festival for the 1st time last year. Probably past right by your booth!😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have cruised on Victory multiple times, with my last cruise on Victory just ending yesterday. Victory was the first big ship (over 100,000 GT) I sailed on and is the reason I got addicted to cruising. We are booked on Victory for the cruise to Cuba the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Hopefully ships will still be going to Cuba then. That will be our last cruise on Victory before she becomes Radiance. 

Are you on the 11/22 sailing? That’s the one we’re on. If so, I look forward to meeting you!

4 hours ago, lab_love123 said:

I was on the Victory in October 2018 and I really liked it! I had a balcony, deck 7, and it was certainly up to par. Very spacious and had the pleasing blue accent decor. I really liked that the aft pool was “adults only” and they policed it. The area around it has the pizza place and seafood shack, and the area itself isn’t technically adults only, but since the pool is, people with kids didn’t really stick around. I also liked the public areas of the ship - the lounges, piano bar, etc. I had a very enjoyable cruise on the Victory!

That’s one thing I really like about Victory and Conquest class ships that the aft pool is adult only. I am curious what the policy is on the aft pool on Sunrise. 

I treated myself to a birthday cruise last Dec on Victory with my best friend and we had a great time. The ship really is very pretty with all the blues and greens. I hope they keep some of that when they turn her into Radiance. The staff was great and I loved the ship being decorated for Christmas and all the additional programs that went with that. Have a great cruise!

13 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That’s one thing I really like about Victory and Conquest class ships that the aft pool is adult only. I am curious what the policy is on the aft pool on Sunrise. 

I've sailed on the Pride and I REALLY liked that the Serenity area had its own pool. It's just so quiet and relaxing. I'm curious about the Sunrise too... I would assume that since she used to be the Triumph, and the Triumph and Victory are/were sister ships that the practice would be the same. But you know what happens when you assume! 😁

It was the first ship I ever went on, and I want to do it again. It might be a little smaller, but it still has all of your staples. Plus it has many things you won't find on Fantasy class like sports bar, fridges in room, big screen on lido, chopsticks, and a serenity with some land. I loved the square hot tubs in Serenity. 

• Like 2

I've been on the Victory twice and absolutely loved both cruises.  Each time we had an amazing entertainment staff.  This last time which was Thanksgiving week 2018, we had Ryan Rose as our CD.  I'm now torn between him, Dr. E and Donkey.  I can't tell you who the best out of the three is, but I can tell you that Ryan Rose was probably the hardest working CD I have seen on any of my 10+ Carnival cruises.  I saw him everywhere on the ship and he was always entertaining us and trying to get folks involved and boy can he dance.  Dr. E and Donkey were great also, but I only remember seeing them at the general select times when CDs are usually putting on a show.  I saw Ryan in the hallways, in the dining room, in the buffet areas, in the elevators banks.  He was everywhere.  I'm saying all of that just to say, the entertainment staff is a big part of what makes a cruise great.  I have never had a bad team on Carnival so I am sure you will have a fabulous time. 

5 hours ago, Kermarkim said:

I've been on the Victory twice and absolutely loved both cruises.  Each time we had an amazing entertainment staff.  This last time which was Thanksgiving week 2018, we had Ryan Rose as our CD.  I'm now torn between him, Dr. E and Donkey.  I can't tell you who the best out of the three is, but I can tell you that Ryan Rose was probably the hardest working CD I have seen on any of my 10+ Carnival cruises.  I saw him everywhere on the ship and he was always entertaining us and trying to get folks involved and boy can he dance.  Dr. E and Donkey were great also, but I only remember seeing them at the general select times when CDs are usually putting on a show.  I saw Ryan in the hallways, in the dining room, in the buffet areas, in the elevators banks.  He was everywhere.  I'm saying all of that just to say, the entertainment staff is a big part of what makes a cruise great.  I have never had a bad team on Carnival so I am sure you will have a fabulous time. 

I will throw some love Ryan Rose's way too. He was great. Just like you said, he seemed to be everywhere but never acted too busy to stop and say a few words to people. But I was amazed at how many members of the crew we actually seemed to make a small connection with for it to just be a three day cruise. Not just Ryan but a girl named Katie from the Fun Squad was awesome, the Entertainment Director chatted with us for a long while one night, of course our wait staff was great but also one of the girls at the host stand came up with a nickname for our group and would come by several times to make a small joke or chat with us for a minute. I was surprised and impressed with the effort each crew person made considering we were only on the ship for three days.

We were on the Victory in February of 2018 and had a great cruise!  There was an issue with the ship when we were in Amber Cove, a main water pipe broke and there were a swarm of contractors working on the ship, which had no water available until just before we departed that port.  The ship's crew handled it well and there was very little inconvenience.

The food in the MDR, Guy's, Blue Iguana, The Deli, and Seafood Shack was great, the buffet not so much.

Entertainment on our cruise was outstanding, but it was a charter and much of it was provided by the Charter company.

We also had a balcony on the Lido Deck and it was very nice and a great location for getting to the pool, etc.

I think you will have a great time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on the victory about four weeks after you, Jan 6th.

I have also noticed the reviews of the victory here on CC are pretty mixed. This will be my girlfriends first cruise and I'm hoping everything goes smoothly so it will be a good first impression.