Recommendations for Celebrity MoveUp upgrades?

gocubsgirl

Hi, this is my first cruise in 20 years, I've read blogs on the best ways to upgrade staterooms, but would love to hear any suggestions from folks. Should I bother with the Celebrity MoveUp? If you get an upgrade do you get to choose which cabin?

Thanks in advance!

image.png.254b994fdcb98d09d3a0c9d30dd284fd.png

Edited by gocubsgirl
adding image

With Move Up you bid on a cabin category but you don’t have a choice of cabins.  If you bid and your bid is accepted your credit card is charged, sometimes before you receive the notification.  It is not a deal where you bid , they contact you and you can said No.  

You would be notified, potentially as late as the day of sailing but normally by 3 days pre-cruise.  You keep the perks from your original booking but do not receive any additional perks that might be available for paying full fare and you do not get any additional CaptainsClub points associated with the higher cabin.

But you can get a upgrade for a good price.

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

With Move Up you bid on a cabin category but you don’t have a choice of cabins.  If you bid and your bid is accepted your credit card is charged, sometimes before you receive the notification.  It is not a deal where you bid , they contact you and you can said No.  

You would be notified, potentially as late as the day of sailing but normally by 3 days pre-cruise.  You keep the perks from your original booking but do not receive any additional perks that might be available for paying full fare and you do not get any additional CaptainsClub points associated with the higher cabin.

But you can get a upgrade for a good price.

Thanks, yes I read that in the description and FAQs. Recommendation? Is it a good idea or no in your opinion?

7 hours ago, gocubsgirl said:

Hi, this is my first cruise in 20 years, I've read blogs on the best ways to upgrade staterooms, but would love to hear any suggestions from folks. Should I bother with the Celebrity MoveUp? If you get an upgrade do you get to choose which cabin?

Thanks in advance!

You can view “trends” here (accepted and rejected bids). Please do not post questions on the thread shared below -
it’s purpose is for compilation and tracking data, only.  However, you may find the “trends” interesting, if not helpful:

As far as your other question, you do not choose your cabin.

Edited by hvbaskey

Location is crucial for me. I upgraded my cabin not through the Moveup program but through my TA after the final payment that I could specify the cabin number. The minimum bids in Moveup look high for me anyway.

15 hours ago, gocubsgirl said:

Thanks, yes I read that in the description and FAQs. Recommendation? Is it a good idea or no in your opinion?

IMHO it depends on how happy you are with your current cabin, and how much the minimum bid is to get to a higher category.

Last summer I had a Verandah (2B) that I was very happy with.  At that time the minimum bid was more than I felt it was worth and since I was happy with my cabin I did not bid.  This past March I had grabbed an Oceanview Cabin for a cheap getaway.  The minimum bid to move to a Verandah was very reasonable so I bid.  I wound up winning that bid and was very happy with my Verandah even though it probably wouldn't have been one that I would  have booked.