Perfect Day - thrill under 18s ??

Morning

so our kids are 17 and 15. They want to of course enjoy the thrill park at perfect day. My wife and I have no interest in that part but the terms say under 18s need to be accompanied. 

Anyone know now if we can sign them in or just wait with them but not ride or is it that we will all need a ticket even if my wife and I won’t go on a ride. 

I know now it’s the same for any eater park but at Disney etc they don’t have to be accompanied if under 18. 

Thank you. 

My situation is the same.  My son will turn 17 shortly after we cruise.  I bought a pass to the water park because of the language in the terms even though I will not go on any of the slides.  I hope there is a pool within the ticketed area so I can just wait there.  We're on Navigator's June 3rd sailing.  I'll report back but I truly hope someone can provide more information between now and then.  He works, drives, and will be a senior in the fall.  I of course would stay in the area regardless of the ticket.  I just don't think I need to accompany him on the slides. I know they must have a cut-off age, but I just think 18 is extreme.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Interesting cut off age especially considering the "adults only "Solarium area on the ships allow 16 year olds to use the area. Where do 16 year olds qualify as adults?😕😕

A very valid point!

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

But irrelevant.

Isnt really is it....  They cannot change when they call an Adult and Adult... also theme park water parks are 14 so again....

I am guessing there will be some sort of waiver maybe to sign... Lets see

• Like 1

I sent a message to RC through Facebook with our question.  Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I know.  I guess I'll be at the wave pool.  Fortunately, we're doing a back to back so the second time I will get to explore the rest of Perfect Day.

We are on Navigator's June 3rd sailing. My son will turn 17 shortly after we cruise. I bought both of us a pass to the Thrill water park because the language in the terms states you must be 18 even though I will not go on any of the slides. I cannot do the slides due to a history of back problems. He's looking forward to the water park, but I don't want to spend my day waiting in line with him. I think it is a complete waste of money to make me pay for something I'm not going to do. If I have to keep my ticket, is there a pool within the ticketed area so I can just wait there? The same question has been asked on cruise critic, others are in the same situation. My son can ride the slides on the ship without me being there. I sit by the pool. Please let us know. Thank you.
RC: Hi. Kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult to enter Thrill Waterpark but we do offer the wave pool where you'll find lounge chairs for you to relax. -Mari
So the wave pool is within the park?
RC:  That's correct
Why should I have to pay for something I can’t do?
RC:  (no reply)
Is there shade? Is there a bar and food within the park?
RC:  There is some shade and we offer the Snack Shack serving complimentary burgers, hot dogs, salads and more plus beverage stations. You'll also find bathrooms, showers and changing rooms.
I would like to enjoy an adult beverage while I’m sitting there waiting.
RC: You'll be able to get alcoholic beverages at the beverage station. Have a great time! 🙂
Thank you

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

Interesting cut off age especially considering the "adults only "Solarium area on the ships allow 16 year olds to use the area. Where do 16 year olds qualify as adults?😕😕

I'm personally glad it is 16 but I'm sure he'll find it boring compared to the new amp'd pool area on Navigator.

That’s really helpful. Thanks. I am wondering why we cannot sign a waiver. Oh well. They makes the rules and they get more money from me. Never spent so much on a water  park!

1 minute ago, SBUAO said:

That’s really helpful. Thanks. I am wondering why we cannot sign a waiver. Oh well. They makes the rules and they get more money from me. Never spent so much on a water  park!

You're welcome.  I'd want to stay close by anyway.  I just wish they could give me a "non-rider" arm band or something.

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

Why are you glad it is 16?

My son is 16.  I plan on spending some time there, and I don't have to worry about him not meeting the age requirement if he stops in.

7 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

From what they sent you it just says that kids must enter with an adult, doesn't say you have to stay in there with him.

But I still have to pay when I'm not participating.

Just now, PghSunny said:

My son is 16.  I plan on spending some time there, and I don't have to worry about him not meeting the age requirement if he stops in.

Which is fine if he is with you. I just don't think unaccompanied 16 year olds should be in an adults only venue. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

Have him make friends with an adult in line to get in that will let him go through the gate with them.

Like you’re thinking!

45 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Which is fine if he is with you. I just don't think unaccompanied 16 year olds should be in an adults only venue. 

I guess fortunately you are not in charge of that.  Anti-kid people on a family cruise are hilarious to me....

6&8

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sixesandeights said:

I guess fortunately you are not in charge of that.  Anti-kid people on a family cruise are hilarious to me....

6&8

Since this thread is about the water park and not the Solarium let's get back to the original topic.

Edited by blueridgemama

Funny, at Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dell's you only need to be 13 to ride the rides and be at the park yourself. I would think it would be harder to find a parent/guardian at a land based waterpark than at a place where everyone is nearby. Of course, the Dell's has a hospital right there if a 13 year old does something completely stupid....

6 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

16 is probably the worst age to be considered an adult. That’s the age where they think that they know and have seen it all. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

True. But know even 30+ yrs ago at age 16 on Royal were allowed do more onboard like use Gym, Sauna. Think back then signs at pools saying if under 16 need a parent present. Was watching old VHS tapes my 1988 Sovereign of the Seas Cruise last month...

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

16 is probably the worst age to be considered an adult. That’s the age where they think that they know and have seen it all. 

So true. Hormones raging and freedom to be on their own. Bad combination.

So on Twitter Royal Caribbean have said that it is in line with the shore excursion policy that no minors can attend any shore excursion without a parent or guardian. They also say that they do do observation tickets for some excursions but not for the thrill park. So if you have kids the price of the ticket is now double