Breakfast hours in main dining room on Freedom? 8am? ...seems late.

Good morning,

Leaving soon on the Freedom.  My wife read that the MDR opens at 8am for breakfast...is this correct? We typically have always enjoyed an early breakfast in the MDR instead of dealing with the buffet. Maybe I have a failing memory...but did the MDR's used to open earlier?

8 am seems like a late start to the day and we may unfortunately have to deal with the craziness of buffet breakfast.

I noticed this too when looking at old compasses.  I'll be on a very port intensive cruise on Freedom in June, and we get to most ports at 8:00.  I was hoping to be able to eat breakfast in the MDR, but if I want to get an early start into port or I have tours I have to meet up for, I guess I'd better deal with the Windjammer.  Boo.  

1 minute ago, kellymccrea said:

I noticed this too when looking at old compasses.  I'll be on a very port intensive cruise on Freedom in June, and we get to most ports at 8:00.  I was hoping to be able to eat breakfast in the MDR, but if I want to get an early start into port or I have tours I have to meet up for, I guess I'd better deal with the Windjammer.  Boo.  

If you can live with continental breakfast, room service is available early, no extra charge.  There are a few hot items included in the "free" continental room service breakfast, like oatmeal, grits, toast, coffee, hot tea. 

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

If you can live with continental breakfast, room service is available early, no extra charge.  There are a few hot items included in the "free" continental room service breakfast, like oatmeal, grits, toast, coffee, hot tea. 

Yeah, I thought about that, too.  I could live with that for a couple days.  I kind of wanted to take advantage of a better breakfast since I won't be able to have lunch on the ship often due to our plans in the ports.  Oh well-no biggie!

17 minutes ago, kellymccrea said:

Yeah, I thought about that, too.  I could live with that for a couple days.  I kind of wanted to take advantage of a better breakfast since I won't be able to have lunch on the ship often due to our plans in the ports.  Oh well-no biggie!

Well, you can do the $8 room service option.  The cost is per order, so you can order as much as you want for that price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spike2000 said:

Good morning,

Leaving soon on the Freedom.  My wife read that the MDR opens at 8am for breakfast...is this correct? We typically have always enjoyed an early breakfast in the MDR instead of dealing with the buffet. Maybe I have a failing memory...but did the MDR's used to open earlier?

8 am seems like a late start to the day and we may unfortunately have to deal with the craziness of buffet breakfast.

8 AM for the MDR and 7 AM for the WJ. 

We were on the Freedom in March.  I too was hoping the MDR would be open earlier for breakfast since I like to be on the flowrider when it opens at 9am on the Freedom.  I still managed to get in there at 8 am a few times to eat and was out by 8:45 am.  They set up a buffet in the middle of the dining room that has 90% of the same menu items you can order off the menu.  Very easy to do and get out quickly (basically get everything except eggs benny).  If you hope to be off the ship at 8am in port, it is not doable, which we were frustrated by, but if you want to get off a bit later, it was much less chaotic than the Windjammer.

• Like 1