Another question about the 5% discount for Voyager members

jean87510

I have booked my cruise next January on the Seaside.  I became a voyager member about 3 weeks after the booking.  I have not received a discount.  I plan on resolving this at one point this week but I wanted to ask a question about that 5%.  Can you use that 5% for precruise purchases like excursions, thermal pass or restaurants? 

Edited by jean87510

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Thanks. First time with MSC and still trying to figure out the little things.

With MSC, I am discovering that there are "a lot of little things" that differ from the cruise lines with which I have sailed.  (Nothing bad, just "different".)

I made a booking this week on Meraviglia after I had applied for Voyager's Club through their Status Match Program.  I thought it wise to get that membership established so that there should be no issue to have the 5% discount applied to my cruise fare.  And, there wasn't.

I hope, OP, that you will get your 5% discount applied without issue.  Please let us know.

13 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

With MSC, I am discovering that there are "a lot of little things" that differ from the cruise lines with which I have sailed.  (Nothing bad, just "different".)

I made a booking this week on Meraviglia after I had applied for Voyager's Club through their Status Match Program.  I thought it wise to get that membership established so that there should be no issue to have the 5% discount applied to my cruise fare.  And, there wasn't.

I hope, OP, that you will get your 5% discount applied without issue.  Please let us know.

My husband actually got a good CSR with a 5 minute wait time during lunch and we got our 5% today.  I am a little skittish reading the reviews of the non yacht club people (I just skip yacht club reviews as it appears to be a whole other world on the seaside) but I'm going to stay positive and have a good time.  We ended up with one of the big inside cabins with fantastica and I'm excited about that.  Now just looking at the thermal pass and upgrading our internet package from easy to unlimited. I also get the best one I can.