Ho Chi minh

palm beach

On 5/21/2019 at 10:45 PM, Tarwood3 said:

Yes, I highly recommend our guide.  I actually had found quite a reviews on him through Cruise Critic before our cruise and everyone raves about him and we were not disappointed.  His name is Xuan Le....his English is excellent...and couldnt be a nicer guy.  He customizes his tours to whatever you want to see, but will happily give you examples of itineraries.  No need for advance deposit.  Just pay him when finished with tour.  His email is tourwithxuan@gmail.com and his name Xuan is pronounced like “Soon”.  He is very used to dealing with luxury clientele .  By the end of our 2 days together, we felt like old friends and still keep in constant contact with him.  We have sent several friends to him and everyone has loved him! I will find a pic....  he will reply via email..but once you firm something up, he prefers to correspond via whatsapp.  

Tell him Gary and Ben recommended you....he loves us! 

C9862991-B57D-441A-A851-E27EE0C69B6D.jpeg

Tarwood3,

I booked tours with Xuan for Saigon and the Mekong Delta. Did you have any kind of vaccination before going on the cruise? How about mosquito repellent, is it necessary

On 5/22/2019 at 3:45 AM, Tarwood3 said:

Yes, I highly recommend our guide.  I actually had found quite a reviews on him through Cruise Critic before our cruise and everyone raves about him and we were not disappointed.  His name is Xuan Le....his English is excellent...and couldnt be a nicer guy.  He customizes his tours to whatever you want to see, but will happily give you examples of itineraries.  No need for advance deposit.  Just pay him when finished with tour.  His email is tourwithxuan@gmail.com and his name Xuan is pronounced like “Soon”.  He is very used to dealing with luxury clientele .  By the end of our 2 days together, we felt like old friends and still keep in constant contact with him.  We have sent several friends to him and everyone has loved him! I will find a pic....  he will reply via email..but once you firm something up, he prefers to correspond via whatsapp.  

Tell him Gary and Ben recommended you....he loves us! 

C9862991-B57D-441A-A851-E27EE0C69B6D.jpeg

Hi

I am visiting Vietnam in January and have sent an email to Xuan ... I saw his name on another site in cruise critic ... great reviews and hopefully I will tour with him in HCM and An Hoi / Danang.   It's great to see so many people recommending him .. makes me feel more confident in my choice.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, palm beach said:

Tarwood3,

I booked tours with Xuan for Saigon and the Mekong Delta. Did you have any kind of vaccination before going on the cruise? How about mosquito repellent, is it necessary

We didnt have a problem with mosquitos......and we didnt use repellent.  We have traveled so much around the world, that I’m up to date on all vaccinations anyway, so honestly I dont remember if we needed something for Vietnam.  Usually if there are vaccinations required, it is listed on your invoice from Silversea at the bottom with all the info about the cruise...visas, vaccines, etc...  otherwise, check with your doctor or go to the CDC’s website. Also, I’m sure there is a travelers vaccine clinic near you....just check their website or call...

2 hours ago, Cruising the waves said:

Hi

I am visiting Vietnam in January and have sent an email to Xuan ... I saw his name on another site in cruise critic ... great reviews and hopefully I will tour with him in HCM and An Hoi / Danang.   It's great to see so many people recommending him .. makes me feel more confident in my choice.  

Although we didnt use him in the end, I was impressed with his WhatsApp communication which was usually speedy, comprehensive and constructed by someone who had a good command of English. (ie probably better than I would have done! lol)

• 3 months later...