Child on 6th cruise boarding with Platinum group

flutprop

My 11yo son will be sailing in a cabin with his grandmother in November. My husband and I are Platinum and will be in the connecting cabin. Since they are not in our cabin, they technically can not board with the Platinum group, but wondering that since my son has the number of cruises, despite still having a blue card, would he receive a platinum level boarding group?  Of course, we will all be checking in together, and his 84yo grandmother will need to board with us no matter when we are allowed.

As your son (or any child) is technically not a member of the Captains Circle until they turn 18, his cruise history will have no bearing on his boarding.

But his 11 year old age will.

No one will expect your minor child, or your elderly mom/MIL, to be left up to their own devices during check in and boarding.

If you are asking this question due to "that other thread" which was explicitly looking for a way around Princess' well established check in & boarding hierarchy--your situation is in no way the same. Just go into the Platinum check-in line and you will be accommodated appropriately. But an off-peak November cruise (unless over Thanksgiving) may have so many upper tier Circle members that the general check in line may be just as fast.

Thanks fishy. Yes, the other thread did make me think about this. We are also sailing in August with 11 other family members, but I will either board by myself, or wait and board with all of them for that one.

It is a Thanksgiving cruise, so there will (hopefully, according to my son) be lots of families.  We are actually flying to LA from SF that morning, so won't likely arrive before boarding begins, so it won't much matter, I am sure.

Edited by flutprop
add info