Roman Catholic church closest to the port

trish1c

We are scheduled to arrive at 8:00 a.m. the Sunday after Christmas.  I would like to go to Mass.  What is the closest Catholic church to the port? Does it have a website with Mass times posted?  What is the best way to get there?  Can I go by myself or would I be safer taking my husband? I'm not too keen on getting into a taxi alone.  

Ideally we'd like an early Mass, around 9 a.m., so we can get in some sight seeing. We're in port until 6 p.m., assume all aboard is 5.  DH has never been to this island.  I want him to see the botanical gardens & the Grand Pitons.  

Thank you in advance for your help.  

Edited by trish1c

4 hours ago, trish1c said:

We are scheduled to arrive at 8:00 a.m. the Sunday after Christmas.  I would like to go to Mass.  What is the closest Catholic church to the port? Does it have a website with Mass times posted?  What is the best way to get there?  Can I go by myself or would I be safer taking my husband? I'm not too keen on getting into a taxi alone.  

Ideally we'd like an early Mass, around 9 a.m., so we can get in some sight seeing. We're in port until 6 p.m., assume all aboard is 5.  DH has never been to this island.  I want him to see the botanical gardens & the Grand Pitons.  

Thank you in advance for your help.  

Cathedral of Immaculate Conception is closest, right in Castries. Probably 10-25 easy  minute walk, depending on which pier you're at. Absolutely no problem taking a taxi either, even as a solo woman.   I have no idea what the mass times are - not Catholic. There should be a website, or at least phone number to call for times 

You need at least 4.5 hours to see the Pitons and botanical gardens - and even that would be very very rushed. 5 is a better minimum - it's 75-90 minutes to Soufriere where the Pitons are located, then some extra time to the gardens, time to walk the gardens, etc. 

Plan accordingly

Thanks!  

I saw a listing for the Cathedral on a Catholic website where I will be able to find Mass times closer to when need them.  That site is great if you know what Church to look at.  Now that you have given me that piece I can plan accordingly.