Oasis of the Seas - May 2019 Sailings-All OK?

Hi Cruisers!  We are sailing May 19, 2019 on the Oasis, out of Barcelona.  I haven't seen any postings from people who were on the most recent sailing regarding any visible damage to the ship from the port accident.  Has anyone posted a review from the May 3rd cruise?  Just wondering if they were able to repair all of the damage and if all venues were open, as promised.  

• Like 1

We are sailing on the same cruise.  I have been looking at TWB on YouTube and another cruise video blogger and from my understanding, all of the damage has been repaired and the ship sailed to Barcelona in tip top shape for the May 5th cruise on May 3rd.   I've been looking for posts as well but have not seen any.  I'm packing and ready!   I'm certain if there were any issues, RC or your TA would reach out to us.  Enjoy and safe travels.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NCWombat said:

Hi Cruisers!  We are sailing May 19, 2019 on the Oasis, out of Barcelona.  I haven't seen any postings from people who were on the most recent sailing regarding any visible damage to the ship from the port accident.  Has anyone posted a review from the May 3rd cruise?  Just wondering if they were able to repair all of the damage and if all venues were open, as promised.  

We are sailing on the 19th as well.  I haven't seen anything from the May 5th cruise on cruise critic, but I have seen a few posts to an Oasis facebook group.  One gentlemen has been posting the cruise compasses from each day which has been very informative.  He hasn't mentioned seeing any remaining damage so hopefully we'll have a great sailing!

• Like 1

Hi, Hate to bother while you are sailing but did you embark in Rome? or would happen to known they allowed the rome folks to board and important what time Muster was?  I have seen the posted cruise planners and no mention of Muster times.. Thanks!

Edited by mousefan73

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Sailing Oasis from Barcelona later this year..can anyone share information on RC transfer from airport to ship, embarkation , how formal formal nights are etc etc. Please ?

Many thanks.

A taxi from Barcelona El Prat airport would definitely be quicker and easier it’s €39 flat rate and takes about 20 to 25 minutes.

Check in normally opens around 10.30am and boarding commences about 11.00am

Two formal nights.

30 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

A taxi from Barcelona El Prat airport would definitely be quicker and easier it’s €39 flat rate and takes about 20 to 25 minutes.

Check in normally opens around 10.30am and boarding commences about 11.00am

Two formal nights.

Thanks..we are a party of 7 adults and a child so might be easier to keep everyone together, considering cancelling RC transfer and booking a private transfer. But...have early return flight so need to get off in one of first groups and feel might be easier to stick with RC...not a good decision maker !! Think RC transfers are costing $180 us return for us all.

9 hours ago, gillyd42 said:

We are on the ship at present - you wouldn’t know there had been any issues - everything in perfect working order and ship is spotless - enjoy your cruise

That is great news, thank you so much!  

13 hours ago, Audj said:

We are sailing on the same cruise.  I have been looking at TWB on YouTube and another cruise video blogger and from my understanding, all of the damage has been repaired and the ship sailed to Barcelona in tip top shape for the May 5th cruise on May 3rd.   I've been looking for posts as well but have not seen any.  I'm packing and ready!   I'm certain if there were any issues, RC or your TA would reach out to us.  Enjoy and safe travels.  

Thanks, you too!  I will check out the blogger.  Let the countdown begin.....

12 hours ago, brank813 said:

We are sailing on the 19th as well.  I haven't seen anything from the May 5th cruise on cruise critic, but I have seen a few posts to an Oasis facebook group.  One gentlemen has been posting the cruise compasses from each day which has been very informative.  He hasn't mentioned seeing any remaining damage so hopefully we'll have a great sailing!

Would love to see the cruise compasses, can you send me in the right direction? Maybe a DM as I think I read that Facebook is a dirrty word here?

2 hours ago, JP82 said:

Would love to see the cruise compasses, can you send me in the right direction? Maybe a DM as I think I read that Facebook is a dirrty word here?

I couldn't figure out how to DM you on cruise critic, I'm not sure if its allowed.  But hopefully without getting into any trouble, the cruise compasses are in the group "Oasis of the seas Cruisers past, present and future".

Hope you can find them.

40 minutes ago, brank813 said:

I couldn't figure out how to DM you on cruise critic, I'm not sure if its allowed.  But hopefully without getting into any trouble, the cruise compasses are in the group "Oasis of the seas Cruisers past, present and future".

Hope you can find them.

Yes! Perfect! Found it, thanks so much!!!

12 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thanks..we are a party of 7 adults and a child so might be easier to keep everyone together, considering cancelling RC transfer and booking a private transfer. But...have early return flight so need to get off in one of first groups and feel might be easier to stick with RC...not a good decision maker !! Think RC transfers are costing $180 us return for us all.

If I had an early flight, I wouldn't use a cruise line transfer.  Even though you tell them what time your flight is, they don't leave as soon as you get off the ship -- they wait until they fill up a full-size bus to actually leave.  Then they drop people off at all the different terminals (many airports have different drop-off locations for international flights or different airlines), so it takes a while to actually get where you're going.  

I'm way too much of a worry-wort about missing a flight (after finally getting dropped off, you still have to check in luggage, get through security line, stop at the restroom, get to the gate, etc.), and would be totally stressed out until the moment we got to the gate -- not the way I want to end my vacation! 

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

If I had an early flight, I wouldn't use a cruise line transfer.  Even though you tell them what time your flight is, they don't leave as soon as you get off the ship -- they wait until they fill up a full-size bus to actually leave.  Then they drop people off at all the different terminals (many airports have different drop-off locations for international flights or different airlines), so it takes a while to actually get where you're going.  

I'm way too much of a worry-wort about missing a flight (after finally getting dropped off, you still have to check in luggage, get through security line, stop at the restroom, get to the gate, etc.), and would be totally stressed out until the moment we got to the gate -- not the way I want to end my vacation! 

Thanks for this information. Stupidly booked cruise when flights were on offer at £1....turned out they were Easyjey from Gatwick ! We have no control over them and can't upgrade till 10 days before when locator is released to consolidator (TUI) so am already extremely stressed about the whole situation. 

Got Tui to ring RC whilst we were in store and was given information that coaches take 15 people and run half hourly...no mention made of stopping here, there and everywhere! Spoke to RC myself as well as TUI speaking to them about Easyjet and flights but they will do nothing till 10 days before! 

I don't feel calm about the holiday at all. Feel we were silly of book this way..we do our own transfers in Fort Lauderdale, Sydney, Galveston (after a fuss with RC last time) etc so why we went with this I have no idea. 

Have ve to go in 10 days before to do the flights, so that will be a good time to sort out transfers!

Thanks again for the comments.

23 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thanks for this information. Stupidly booked cruise when flights were on offer at £1....turned out they were Easyjey from Gatwick ! We have no control over them and can't upgrade till 10 days before when locator is released to consolidator (TUI) so am already extremely stressed about the whole situation. 

Got Tui to ring RC whilst we were in store and was given information that coaches take 15 people and run half hourly...no mention made of stopping here, there and everywhere! Spoke to RC myself as well as TUI speaking to them about Easyjet and flights but they will do nothing till 10 days before! 

I don't feel calm about the holiday at all. Feel we were silly of book this way..we do our own transfers in Fort Lauderdale, Sydney, Galveston (after a fuss with RC last time) etc so why we went with this I have no idea. 

Have ve to go in 10 days before to do the flights, so that will be a good time to sort out transfers!

Thanks again for the comments.

We’re on the £1 Easy jet flights too. Exactly the same time plane ✈️ as the one I caught this week for my cruise.

Landed BCN at 10:15 and I was on board the ship by 11:15!   

Flat fare €39 to the port.  

Loads of cabs including large ones.   I certainly wouldn’t bother with RCIs inflated price transfers or with booking drivers. 

Edited by little britain

On 5/11/2019 at 8:01 AM, gillyd42 said:

We are on the ship at present - you wouldn’t know there had been any issues - everything in perfect working order and ship is spotless - enjoy your cruise

Are there any changes - have they done any of the dry dock upgrades early??!

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

We’re on the £1 Easy jet flights too. Exactly the same time plane ✈️ as the one I caught this week for my cruise.

Landed BCN at 10:15 and I was on board the ship by 11:15!   

Flat fare €39 to the port.  

Loads of cabs including large ones.   I certainly wouldn’t bother with RCIs inflated price transfers or with booking drivers. 

That is interesting..thank you. Maybe we can just get two larger taxis from airport. Can you share any more about Easyjet flights? So far we have been told 15 kg luggage, 20 kg and 23 kg plus varying cabin amounts..10 kg, one bag no weight limit just size, one bag and handbag! When I asked for actual allowance in writing was told it'll be on boarding pass, 10 days before....argh!

Do we need speedy boarding?? Son very tall, SIL very heavy so need extra leg room for them at least!

Did you have return boarding passes when originally checked in?

What does 'smart casual' look like on RC in the Med please?

Many thanks.

22 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

We used Welcome Pick Up in Barcelona this spring for a trip we took and will use them for this cruise trip as well.  Easy to book and price would be better I think than what you have for a transfer (I'm betting half).  The link below says Athens but it is reviews for all locations.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g189400-d8609163-Reviews-Welcome_Pickups-Athens_Attica.html