Pictures Explorer May 2019

32 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Navigator last year, it was just before her re-fit and I expect we will find Explorer in a similar condition. 

Navigator was NOT that old and worn in any way - we were on her just week before the drydock....BIG difference!🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

41 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

No doubt someone will say "that sofa looks worn.....think l should get some compensation"

You are correct.

It was a bit worn but our cabin otherwise was clean and we usually sit on the balcony anyway so not something I would let spoil our cruise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, little britain said:

Blown window. Can you even spot it?

Ruined holiday? I don’t think so. 

5572BA0A-CFF1-4897-AB35-C989EBE0FF50.jpeg

Did they change the 3 blown windows at the very back of the WJ those were really an eye sore as they blocked the view to the wake....🙄

In your pictures you can also spot that there seems to be still problems with the screen as the back of the screen is not put on propperly.....maintenance on the ship still seems to be a mess.....bad management!👎

On 6/7/2019 at 9:17 AM, sisocialworker said:

hope she is all fixed by the time she crosses the pond for us USA folks..we demand a clean ship shape ship of our dollars

Inside cabins are fairly inexpensive in the Caribbean 😉

The Westin hotel in Atlanta had tornado damage several years ago. Many windows blew out. It had a very unique cylindrical shape and all the windows had to be custom made. It took over two years to finish the job. This was not a management issue, it was a supply issue.  

These ships are also fairly custom and far from their suppliers. Cut them some slack

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The Westin hotel in Atlanta had tornado damage several years ago. Many windows blew out. It had a very unique cylindrical shape and all the windows had to be custom made. It took over two years to finish the job. This was not a management issue, it was a supply issue.  

These ships are also fairly custom and far from their suppliers. Cut them some slack

You mean you can't pick up new ship windows down the street at Ace Hardware?  🤣

• Haha 2

Just to let you all know ....the ship is spotlessly clean!

I also did quality control on the drinks and bar service and happy to report 100% satisfaction.

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Did they change the 3 blown windows at the very back of the WJ those were really an eye sore as they blocked the view to the wake....🙄

In your pictures you can also spot that there seems to be still problems with the screen as the back of the screen is not put on propperly.....maintenance on the ship still seems to be a mess.....bad management!👎

I was actually on board at exactly the time you posted the original pics. 

I have no idea if you were on board or got the photos from someone else. 

So this is an old photo from May 7 cruise. 

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

I was actually on board at exactly the time you posted the original pics. 

I have no idea if you were on board or got the photos from someone else. 

So this is an old photo from May 7 cruise. 

Ahhh OK - that explaines the open back of the pool - screen as it was still broken then....🙄

8 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

You mean you can't pick up new ship windows down the street at Ace Hardware?  🤣

Actually you do not even need to replace them right away....you can wash the inside with a fluid - they drill a tiny hole and spraywash between the 2 panels - and have a clear window until you have time to replace it.....👍