Cruising Mother Tales

vtcruising

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Thanks Vt...the story gets better:  

We flew to Barcelona from Boston and the stewardesses on Iberia could not believe Ida was 100 years old...complimentary Champagne and cocktails all the way.  When we got onboard the Liberty Of The Seas the cabin steward decorated the Grand Suite with streamers etc.  when we got to the MDR the Maitre D’ asked Ida how old she was she explained she was 100.  The MD almost fainted...Ida looked so good and moved so well without a cane the MD could not believe it.  He gathered the waiters and they brought out a big cake then the MD walked out to the center of the MDR and announced in a booming voice that Ida was celebrating her 100th.  The entire dining room on TLS, a three story dining room, sang Happy Birthday to Ida.  Two nights later we were treated to dinner with the Captain.  I had alerted our roll call on CC to say hello to Ida.  When we arrived in the C Lounge more than fifty people said hello to Ida and offered their congratulations.  It was a cruise to remember for all of us.

Wow! I'm glad she got the royal treatment and you all have such wonderful memories. That's great that the CC roll call came through too.

Now I know what to look forward to - only have to wait 61 more years..... 😉

1 hour ago, alliecruiser said:

Mom and I just got back from Celebrity Solstice 14 night New Zealand to Sydney in April. She is 87 and I also brought her friend we have not seen her for 10 years. We had and awesome time. We have been lucky to do multi cruises, I think this was our last one together. I sure wish she was 20 years younger. We have a lot of fun together but it gets pretty hard to travel. We will still continue to go on some gambling junkets together. We like to gamble also! 🙂

The flights are often the kicker. My dad is 96 is in good health and was even an excellent downhill skier until last year.  He used to love to travel, but now says flying is just too much - the security lines, long sitting times, the frequent delays and changes are difficult for people that age. I'm going to have to move closer to the ports, I guess! 🙂

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

The flights are often the kicker. My dad is 96 is in good health and was even an excellent downhill skier until last year.  He used to love to travel, but now says flying is just too much - the security lines, long sitting times, the frequent delays and changes are difficult for people that age. I'm going to have to move closer to the ports, I guess! 🙂

Put him in a wheel chair...fantastic way to get through the airport!  We were always treated like royalty...even got a lift in the crew van in Atlanta.  We went through customs at Heathrow in 20 minutes while friends waited 2 hours!  We always got super treatment getting onboard.  

• Like 1