Allure boardwalk/Central Park balcony

We’ve been lucky enough to cruise in both boardwalk and Central Park staterooms.

There was a very small issue with occasional noise during shows whilst in boardwalk but in all honesty it never bothered us.

Our preference is for Central Park staterooms but would have no problem with sailing again in boardwalk staterooms if the price was right.

16 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Do you mind sharing what cabin you had? We were just assigned balcony on deck 11 3 cabins from the aft. The reviews from deck 11 seem to indicate very little noice and a decent view of the ocean. I’m wondering if you were lower and closer to the carousal? Do you think being higher and aft will help to negate the issues?

11713.  You absolutely can not see the ocean from that room unless you either sit in corner of balcony or lean over balcony rail.  It was maybe 7 or 8 rooms from the back

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

11713.  You absolutely can not see the ocean from that room unless you either sit in corner of balcony or lean over balcony rail.  It was maybe 7 or 8 rooms from the back

We were in 10307, so about mid way, and could see the ocean.  Obviously it wasn't right off of our balcony but it was in the background looking towards the Aqua Theatre (and yes, Abyss was there too).

Edited by LuCruise

Central Park balconies have spoiled me for any other cabins.  The one time I had an ocean balcony (in order to have connecting with DD & DSIL), it got beastly hot from sun in afternoon and early evening.  Have now sailed in CP about ten times, and have loved them all.  The balcony can be hot from sun, but for only a couple of hours in the afternoon (when I am often napping in the air conditioned cabin).  We love to people watch from deck ten, and have never had a problem with privacy.  I almost hate to sing the praises, for fear they will become so booked that I won’t be able to get one of my favorite cabins.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:55 AM, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hi-Considering the Allure again for October cruise. This time we might want to try a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony. Anyone who has feedback pro or con would be greatly appreciated.

I just read an artlcle titled "balconies to never get" and both of those were in it, stating lack of privacy. They said that you have to keep your curtains closed because people can see right in otherwise.

12 minutes ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

For some reason..I thought the roof was there..But it has been a while since I have been on Allure. Senile! LOL!

Solarium has a roof.

• 4 weeks later...

All I can say is that we have a cruise coming up on Allure and we are on Deck 7 (no balcony) and just above us is Park Cafe and I'm worried that between Boardwalk and what may be going on above us in prepping for the day (even with a white noise machine) that we are going to be in for a terrible sleep.  We will have a 5 year old with us, but my parents booked this cruise as a huge family trip and I guess these were the best prices.  Should I be worried?

25 minutes ago, TheGreatfulBread said:

All I can say is that we have a cruise coming up on Allure and we are on Deck 7 (no balcony) and just above us is Park Cafe and I'm worried that between Boardwalk and what may be going on above us in prepping for the day (even with a white noise machine) that we are going to be in for a terrible sleep.  We will have a 5 year old with us, but my parents booked this cruise as a huge family trip and I guess these were the best prices.  Should I be worried?

I don’t think you’ll have any problems whatsoever.

20 hours ago, TheGreatfulBread said:

what's the saying... a bad day on vacation is still better than a good day at work?  Enjoy yourselves and be optimistic that you'll have a wonderful time, and you will!!