Enjoying the View from Bed in an OV

richmke

In looking at the diagrams, it seems like the Head of the Bed in an OV is placed against the window. Is it possible to have the bed sideways so you can enjoy the view while sitting in bed?

My experience in OV cabins is that you would have to be very tall to see anything but sky when sitting in bed.  Because of the cabin space reduction due to the spacious closet, and placement of the desk, I don't think rearranging the beds would be possible.  And you would lose use of the bedside tables and lamps.  EM

1 hour ago, richmke said:

In looking at the diagrams, it seems like the Head of the Bed in an OV is placed against the window. Is it possible to have the bed sideways so you can enjoy the view while sitting in bed?

Some OV cabins have the sideways bed positioning but if it is not standard in your particular cabin it is not possible to re-position. In my experience, even if you ask Princess reservations staff for confirmation of those cabins that have side facing beds, they really don't know (at least I have been told yes or no, only to be wrong upon entering the cabin). I have over the years happened upon some side facing beds in OV and duly noted for future reference. 

Our last cruise was on the Carnival Glory. All the OV's have beds with the headboard against and inside wall so you can look out the window while sitting in bed. If I recall correctly, the windows were about waist high.

IMHO, a window above the bed is kind of worthless.  If I want to look out the window I have to be standing by the bed, or kneeling on it.

The Balcony room layout makes the window much more useful. Balcony and OV are about the same size inside. 

It seems to depend on the ship. Recently on Sapphire Princess OBS OV E308 with bedhead against window- you could see somewhat around the lifeboat when sitting on bed and reasonable amount of light entered.  TA and others  thought bedhead would be against wall but wasn’t. Only 1 desk chair and extra small table.