Cabin 4079

2Oldpeopleinlove

Hello.

We are new to Cunard and have our round trip TA scheduled for December 2019. The price has only gone up, so we won't be changing anything, but I found few choices on the form for cabin selection when I reserved several months ago. 

Does anyone here have experience of 4079 or anything near it? Seems very low on the ship to me, but it's still a sheltered balcony.

Looks like you're over the jewelry shop. There should be little noise from below in that location. Of course, with staterooms above you there should be quiet overhead as well. 

In addition to being low you're relatively midships fore-and-aft. QM2 doesn't move much in rough seas but you'll see little of that. 

On other itineraries they occasionally use the door between the jewelry shop and the champagne bar for gangway access. In Brooklyn and my one time in Southampton they use the corresponding door on the port side, though. 

I've been in 4071 and 4075 and was very happy with both locations. We usually book sheltered balconies on deck 5 because of the advise that it is better to have cabins above you and below you to mitigate noise issues. But we heard no noise from below when in 4071 and 4075. What we find great about this particular location is that it is close to the "B" stairway providing relatively quick access just one deck below to both the Royal Court Theatre (balcony) and Illuminations.

One possible noise issue you may encounter is a crew service entrance which I believe is across from 4079 or close to it. I posted this snippet from the QM2 deck plan for deck 4 on another thread because it contains a glitch in how it shows access to the "B" stairs and lifts directly across from 4079. That access is actually further forward across from 4069. I think you may find what the deck plan is showing across from 4079 is a crew access door.

26791270589_5409b943dc_z.jpg

1 minute ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Thank you both very much. I am a light sleeper, so most of this is reassuring. Unless crew bang in and out of that door at night, that won't worry me at all.

DW is an extremely light sleeper and she occasionally heard noise from the vicinity of that crew door when we were in 4075. But that was only when she was trying to do a late lie in after 8:00am some mornings. I think you will be fine in that regard during the night.