Insider's View: Grease. Is this something new?

This just appeared in my planner today for our cruise this weekend.

Overview 

Enjoy the ultimate theater experience with Insider’s View — including a cast meet and greet, signed photo of the cast, pre-show cocktail and premier seating for Broadway's hit musical, Grease. Follow Sandy and Danny’s romantic twists and turns as they navigate the tricky social waters of Rydell High School in an amazing rendition featuring original choreography, costumes and aerial adventures. Hand jive along to classics like “Summer Nights,” “Greased Lightning,” “Beauty School Dropout” and more as you enjoy an up-close look at one of the most popular shows ever to take the stage.

The cost is £37.24 pp, I've never heard of this before, is this something they now do on all the big ships? It sounds like another way to make a bit more money to me.

21 minutes ago, kernow said:

... It sounds like another way to make a bit more money to me.

I don't know if this is offered on all big ships now Julie, but I agree with your assessment.

Same package available for Saturday Night Fever on Liberty in July, but @ $49 per person.

"Enjoy the ultimate theater experience with Insider’s View — including a cast meet and greet, signed photo of the cast, pre-show cocktail and premier seating for Broadway hit, Saturday Night Fever. Join disco king Tony Manero and dance diva Stephanie Mangano as they shake things up in 1970s Brooklyn. Get an up-close look at this pop-culture classic filled with platforms, polyester and plenty of hit songs."

The first time we saw it offered was our April 2018 Oasis cruise. Not something I was interested in  - I agree, it's just another (for me) unnecessary upsell. The theatre shows can be thoroughly enjoyed without this package!

and...…………….the search function on CC apparently only goes back to the last so-called upgrade.  I  know that there were threads about this when it was first introduced.  The wording on the website at first made it sound like this was the ONLY way to see the show.  The reaction was negative, to say the least.  But I can't find those threads for you.  😞 

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

and...…………….the search function on CC apparently only goes back to the last so-called upgrade.  I  know that there were threads about this when it was first introduced.  The wording on the website at first made it sound like this was the ONLY way to see the show.  The reaction was negative, to say the least.  But I can't find those threads for you.  😞 

There were first time RCL cruisers on our cruise that saw this today and thought it meant that they had to pay if they wanted to see Grease so still not very clear. 

9 minutes ago, kernow said:

There were first time RCL cruisers on our cruise that saw this today and thought it meant that they had to pay if they wanted to see Grease so still not very clear. 

Sadly, I think this is done deliberately on Royal's part....