Alaska Land/Sea Hotel rooms versus category

Bea3

Does anyone know if there is a difference in hotel room 'category' depending on ship cabin category?  For a 9 day Land, 3 night Sea do you get upgraded hotel rooms if you are in a Suite versus an inside or ocean view? TIA- hoping to book tomorrow.

We have a Signature Suite and we will be getting the same hotel accommodations as someone in an Inside Cabin. We have 4 nights land and I was told by HAL we could upgrade the Denali hotel to a junior suite for $99pp per night, I said no thanks not worth the extra $400. I also checked with Princess and they have the same policy for the land portions too.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We have a Signature Suite and we will be getting the same hotel accommodations as someone in an Inside Cabin. We have 4 nights land and I was told by HAL we could upgrade the Denali hotel to a junior suite for $99pp per night, I said no thanks not worth the extra $400. I also checked with Princess and they have the same policy for the land portions too.

The HAL McKinley Chalet Resort has a new building with Junior Suites for 2019.  It would be nice for a family and a bit upscale for those who don’t mind the upcharge.  You would only have 2 or 3 nights in Denali.

12 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

The HAL McKinley Chalet Resort has a new building with Junior Suites for 2019.  It would be nice for a family and a bit upscale for those who don’t mind the upcharge.  You would only have 2 or 3 nights in Denali.

Not worth the extra $198 per night or $396  for our 2 night stay for a room we will only be sleeping in for about 8 hours. This is a huge rip off IMHO.  All you get from what I can see is a larger room.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bea3 said:

do you get upgraded hotel rooms if you are in a Suite versus an inside or ocean view?

Unless you pay more for your land tour than those in ocean view or inside cabins do,  why should you?  We're all paying the same price.