Bringing water onboard?

need2travel1

Hey All,

We are taking Uniworld's Castles on the Rhine in July-sailing on the River Empress (very excited) & were wondering if we are able to bring a small case of water  (maybe 6 bottles) onboard w/ us?  I'm not sure if that's allowed or not.  We'd pick it up a local market over there & maybe get another small case in another port along the river.  I love Uniworld but hate the glass carafe of water they put in the room.  I know they have the water/coffee station in the hall & a bar where we can get water but last year we wound up carrying 4-5 glasses at a time back to our room for after dinner/overnight/early morning.  

For context-we just got back from 8 days at Disney World & I had a local grocery service deliver two cases (40 bottles each) to our hotel-we only had 6 left at the end of the trip.  I know, we nuts when it comes to water😳.

Thanks in advance!!

As part of its overall sustainability program, Uniworld is moving to eliminate all single-use plastics from its cruise ships, hence the glass carafe and aluminum water bottles provided in each guest cabin and the water-filling stations.  However, I doubt that at this time they will object to you bringing plastic bottles of water aboard. That may change when they reach this goal as planned in 2022.

• Like 1

This is just a suggestion that I have started to do recently.  Ive been packing my empty reusable water bottle  - that keeps water really cold -  then filling up and taking it along when I need it.

The aluminum water bottles on Uniworld were not very efficient and  leaked.  However I really appreciate their effort to help reducing all the plastic waste.

You could also fill from the carafes.  I'm super fussy about water "taste" and the water was good.

Enjoy your Rhine cruise - we loved it!!😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, helpmesailaway said:

This is just a suggestion that I have started to do recently.  Ive been packing my empty reusable water bottle  - that keeps water really cold -  then filling up and taking it along when I need it.

The aluminum water bottles on Uniworld were not very efficient and  leaked.  However I really appreciate their effort to help reducing all the plastic waste.

You could also fill from the carafes.  I'm super fussy about water "taste" and the water was good.

Enjoy your Rhine cruise - we loved it!!😊

We brought our own water bottles from home last time too & filled them for all our excursions & anytime we were up on the sundeck-they're 2x the size of the ones Uniworld provides.  I'm packing ones that have a built in filter this time too.  I was just looking for another option in addition to those.

6 hours ago, Coral said:

I am curious - are you ok with Uniworld's water, just not the bottle/carafe? Or do you not like their water?

Overall I'm fine w/ their water-it's just the carafe that I'm not a fan of.  I feel like they just fill it in the bathroom & put it back out.  I know they don't do that, I know it's filtered & all but it's just the mental picture I can't get out of my head.  🙂

The mental picture I can’t get out of my head is the estimated 1500 single use plastic water bottles added to the world’s oceans EVERY SECOND. I wish I knew that was not true, but unfortunately it is. There are now five giant ocean garbage patches the size of Texas or larger, and they are increasing in size every year. 

• Like 3