Crown Princess Menu's

crazytomatoes

I’ve been taking photos of the MDR menu each day but I can’t upload them until we get home next week since I’m using my camera and not a smart phone. Food is excellent but because of our tours coming back late,  we’ve been eating in Horizon Court which is also very good. Hot bread pudding with warm sauce—yummy!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

I’ve been taking photos of the MDR menu each day but I can’t upload them until we get home next week since I’m using my camera and not a smart phone. Food is excellent but because of our tours coming back late,  we’ve been eating in Horizon Court which is also very good. Hot bread pudding with warm sauce—yummy!!

Thanks for the reports,  Diver. We board June 6. Wondering if you have caught any of the live music around the ship.

Can you tell us anything about it? I always find it makes a big difference to me to have good bands/performers. Thanks.

Jim

1 hour ago, jasbo49 said:

Thanks for the reports,  Diver. We board June 6. Wondering if you have caught any of the live music around the ship.

Can you tell us anything about it? I always find it makes a big difference to me to have good bands/performers. Thanks.

Jim

The Irish musicians & dancers were excellent called Gaels at Sea. Been too tired from daily tours to stay up for music. Since this is a port intensive cruise, entertainment has been scaled way back compared to when we were on the Crown last November in the Caribbean.

23 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

The Irish musicians & dancers were excellent called Gaels at Sea. Been too tired from daily tours to stay up for music. Since this is a port intensive cruise, entertainment has been scaled way back compared to when we were on the Crown last November in the Caribbean.

Great. Thanks. I do love Irish music.

Jim

Thanks for your updates!  If you have time or when you are back, can you advise if early traditional is really at 5 pm (I'm hoping it's not but if it is oh well...), and if any nights they have "open" seating since some port nights are late.  We are on a cruise with Dublin overnight so some of the nights may be different depending upon your schedule.   Enjoy your trip! 

Edited by TW6cruiser

Traditional early is 5pm & late is 7:15. There is no open seating, even on late port days. Traditional is in the Botticelli dining room and anytime is Da Vinci and Michelangelo dining rooms. We have early traditional at 5pm but we like it since that’s when we eat dinner at home. We eat in the Horizon Court when we get back after 5 and the food there is very good—we’ve been on Crown Princess twice and think all the food is very good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

That is great to hear!  We are doing a bunch of Princess shore excursions, are yours with them?  

All of our excursions are thru Princess except Liverpool where we did a HOHO bus tour and saved $150 over what Princess was charging for the same thing.  The excursions have been long -  sometimes 8.5 hours - but are very interesting and informative.  I don't see how those coach drivers negotiate the narrow roads in the UK.  We sit in the back so we don't have to watch.  This is a very port intensive cruise and worth every minute.

Edited by Diver2014
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!  And I am reading that the Princess excursions are meeting somewhere first, before getting off the ship.  Is this true?  Usually on Princess we have had to get off the ship on our own and find our shorex group ashore. 

49 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Thank you!  And I am reading that the Princess excursions are meeting somewhere first, before getting off the ship.  Is this true?  Usually on Princess we have had to get off the ship on our own and find our shorex group ashore. 

All the excursions so far meet in the Wheelhouse bar on deck 7 to get our stickers then we proceed directly to the pier to get on the bus which are numbered according to your sticker. Very organized and easy—the buses even line up in mumeric order. A few empty seats on each bus so not overly crowded. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

All the excursions so far meet in the Wheelhouse bar on deck 7 to get our stickers then we proceed directly to the pier to get on the bus which are numbered according to your sticker. Very organized and easy—the buses even line up in mumeric order. A few empty seats on each bus so not overly crowded. 

Yay!! Princess is finally doing it like NCL. So much easier than meeting ashore. 

Thanks for the response on dinner times.  5 PM is way too early but we will deal with it!  Thanks for your other comments also. Some of the recent reviews on here have not been favorable in terms of how groups/those not in tours have been getting off of the ship at various ports so it's good to hear you are pleased.   

We've noticed Princess gathers folks for excursions differently depending on the port. Some times we have met ashore (more often on Caribbean cruises but not all the time) and sometimes in the theatre, a lounge, or other place on the ship before going ashore as a group.  

We're back from our cruise and wow...….what an awesome experience!  The ports of call were amazing and the food was superb!  I tried to take a photo of each night's MDR menu but because they were behind glass, I got reflections.  We didn't eat in the MDR every night because many of our excursions got back after our 5pm traditional dining time so we ate in the Horizon Court, which was absolutely delicious as far as taste and selection.  We don't like anytime dining because the lines were always too long to get in and we are early eaters anyway.  I tried to keep the menus in day order but sorry if some get jumbled around.  If you can't read something, let me know and I'll try to decipher.

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG