Lobster on 7 day/6 night cruise.

Flydude1063

Hi,

My wife, brother-in-law, and myself are taking the Island Princess out of Vancouver on September 16th. The cruise is 7 days and 6 nights going to Astoria, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, before ending in Los Angeles on September 22nd.  Given that this is a 6 night cruise, does this mean there won't be lobster offered in the main dining room on formal night? I've read a couple of places that cruises less than 7 nights don't have a lobster night. Just wondering if anyone can confirm this (and we don't want to do any of the specialty restaurants). 

We don't really want to take our formal wear if lobster won't be offered anyway. We will probably just hit the buffet on formal night if this is the case. 

I understand the lobster on Princess isn't anything great, but we'd still like to partake if it is in fact being offered in the main dining room.

Thanks for any information you might have about this!

They didn't have it on the 7 day California Coastal on the Grand in March.  We also took the 10 Mexican cruise the week before, and we did have lobster on the last formal night.

• Like 1

On all our cruises they have had steak/lobster on the second formal night.  Interesting that others are reporting that it was not offered.  As to formal night it is anything but formal.  Men can get by with dockers and a button shirt while women can wear a simple dark pants and a sparkly top.  Many will dress more but that is the minimum.