Getaway Haven

We enjoyed it.  We had a great butler and concierge.  The bar service and restaurant were wonderful.  We loved coming back to our cabin to find out what type of snacks were received.  We became very spoiled.   It just felt so much more relaxing by the private pool instead of being surrounded at the main pool.  We really only ventured out for the specialty restaurants and shows.  We also met a few people that we really clicked with in the Haven and shared a few drinks and meals with them.  We also loved having the priority boarding and disembarking.  I love the Haven and think it's well worth the money.  

• Like 1

We have sailed in the Haven before.  I was just curious about the Getaway in particular, because I've seen a few comments on the boards from people who didn't love the Haven on that particular ship.  The pool won't matter since we will be on a Baltic/Scandinavian itinerary.

Compared to the Escape and Epic, thumbs down. The restaurant was tiny with very few windows. The "outdoor" eating area was actually in the Courtyard, which wasn't ideal. The common Haven areas felt more cramped and crowded. There was no roof over the Courtyard.

Would I sail in the Getaway or Breakaway Haven? I would if the price and itinerary were right. But I'm certainly not in any hurry to return. It probably didn't help that we sailed in the Epic Haven twice and the Escape Haven once before sailing on the Getaway. It just didn't measure up to the other two. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisencrazy said:

Thumbs up or thumbs down on the Getaway Haven and why?

LOVED IT!!!  The staff, restaurant, lounge, pool area, all super awesome, would LOVE to do it again but had an amazing deal right off the start for it, no such deals seem to exist anymore!  go for it!!!  Have also been on the Haven on the Pearl and both were amazing but preferred the Getaway!

Leah

Its hard not to give any Haven a thumbs up but ship and price should come into the equation. I sailed Getaway Haven and it was my least favorite Haven area. That does not mean I did not like it.  As someone else pointed out, the Haven almost seemed like an afterthought on the Away class ships.   Haven restaurant - tiny with windows only on one side.  Probably half the size of Epic.  Haven lounge - no ocean views like Epic.  Getaway Haven sundeck - no hot tubs or water features.  NCL quickly corrected many Haven insufficiencies with Escape with adding an outdoor Haven restaurant area and a hot tub on the sun deck. I believe the restaurant is larger too.  The service still top notch.  NCL continues to make the Haven better on Bliss and Encore with creating the Horizon lounge and expanding the sundeck for the Haven.  So they are going in the right direction making the Haven better and bigger.  IMHO the small blip was going backwards after Epic with Breakaway and Getaway.  It seemed crammed.  Would I sail Getaway Haven again?  I would not search out cruises but if I came across a really good deal, I probably would.  If you never have sailed the Haven before, you will definitely be impressed.  However IMHO the Getaway has the least impressive Haven area of any NCL ship built after 2009.

Edited by david_sobe