Delayed embarkation for Summit 5/19/19 sailing

Alsmez

1 minute ago, philpcruiser said:

I'm not understanding something.   What time is the Anthem scheduled to arrive?  Summit?  There's no way both ships can dock at the same time.  Pier is not long enough.

So the anthem is getting there first to let their passengers off and then leaving. Then the summit will dock let passengers off and let new passengers on. Then the anthem will come back and load its passengers and then leave

3 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

I'm not understanding something.   What time is the Anthem scheduled to arrive?  Summit?  There's no way both ships can dock at the same time.  Pier is not long enough.

Apparently Anthem is arriving very early, before 8am, then pulling away empty so that Summit can dock, disembark and embark our sailing. After Summit departs at 5pm, Anthem will redock to embark passengers from its 5/18 sailing with a scheduled departure of 11pm.

7 minutes ago, Everyhours said:

So I am booked on the Summit and I called and asked the correct time to get there and they said 2pm at the earliest and to ignore the time on my xpress pass!

Great info, thanks for sharing!

Just now, Alsmez said:

Apparently Anthem is arriving very early, before 8am, then pulling away empty so that Summit can dock, disembark and embark our sailing. After Summit departs at 5pm, Anthem will redock to embark passengers from its 5/18 sailing with a scheduled departure of 11pm.

Wow.  Lots of moves.  It's going to be a very very confusing day for everyone (passengers, terminal personnel,  and crews).

6 minutes ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

I can't figure why Anthem would pull away empty. They will sail away full and then Summit will start onboard. Given the time line.

I think because they wanted to get the passengers off asap and not disrupt the summit so they wouldnt need to refund us too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

I can't figure why Anthem would pull away empty. They will sail away full and then Summit will start onboard. Given the time line.

That's not correct.   RCI has informed its passengers who will be embarking Sunday on Anthem as follows: "Your check-in will now be on Sunday, May 19th, 2019, between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM, and we will set sail at 11:00 PM. Please know, our sister ship, Celebrity Summit, will be boarding before us, so we kindly ask for your patience as we work to get you onboard, as quickly as possible. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you arrive after 7:00 PM."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

No, according to RCCL cruisers, they have been informed that their new embarkation time is 7pm with an 11pm departure. Presumably they had to do it this way to disturb Celebrity's process as little as possible. Since Anthem's passengers were already going to miss a full day, it was probably better to have just one shipful of pissed off people rather than two.

• Like 1

No doubt about it, Sunday is going to have to take a lot of patience and understanding.

We're flying out tomorrow to New York, and I'm actually looking forward to taking our sweet time getting over to Cape Liberty.  Our JFK hotel was very nice in giving us a late checkout already in advance.  And as I said I'm excited about checking out the new TWA Hotel at JFK.  We'll be able to have lunch there.

I wish you all safe travels and a day that is not as stressful as we think it might be.

8 hours ago, Everyhours said:

So I am booked on the Summit and I called and asked the correct time to get there and they said 2pm at the earliest and to ignore the time on my xpress pass!

•  

I called and the lady I spoke with didn't even know about this. She put me on hold to check and never came back?

8 hours ago, HardyVA said:

I called and the lady I spoke with didn't even know about this. She put me on hold to check and never came back?

Thats terrible! We spoke to a very friendly lady (I wanna say Jessica) who told us no earlier than 2!

7 minutes ago, chipperberg said:

My mom is currently on and said they won't begin debarkation until 11.

Really?  Any idea why that would be so delayed, when they are already docked?

Edited: I just realized that your comment wasn't clear. Do you mean your mom is on the Anthem or the Summit?  (Hardy, to whom you replied, was asking about Anthem, hence my post here.)

Edited by Turtles06

1 hour ago, HardyVA said:

Have they begun disembarkation? 

We are leaving on Summit today

Over on the Anthem thread, a passenger has just reported that they disembarked around 6:35am and were back home in NJ at 8am. They said it was organized and calm. 

My mom is currently on the Summit and as of 9:03 am, they are NOT docked and have NOT gone under the bridge yet.  They are being asked to vacate their cabins by 9:30.

Edited by chipperberg
  • Like 1