How many cabins for me, dh and 2 dd (15 and 17)?

wrg

As a family group of five (three are young adults and teenager now) we always need two cabins anyway.  As mentioned, you could do yourself and hubby in a balcony with teens in interior across hall (cheapest), two double balcony cabins next to each other (cheaper than two minisuites), or else all of you together in a quad balcony (with bunk beds above twin beds, important to note if you and hubby want to share a queen bed), or all of you in a quad minisuite (with bunk bed over a sofabed for your teens and queen bed for you two).  Consider having one bathroom or two.  It is cheaper to have the teens with you since they would be charged the lower third and fourth passenger fare (instead of full fare in their own cabin).  I would look over the current fares for the cruise you want and crunch the numbers.  Also consider the current promo's free gratuities (would cover all of you in two cabins and two of you if one cabin) and OBC (it would double with two cabins).  

37 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Plus, the bed that's under the bunk is almost always set up as 2 twins rather than a queen. That arrangement makes for easy of entry to the bunk and makes it easier for the steward to make up the bunk.

And...when the sofa bed is open, it's a very tight squeeze to get to the balcony.

It has been awhile since I have had a mini-suite but I used to only sail in mini suites and we always had the sofa bed made up. Back then, it would open to a double or queen like bed. It was tight to walk around. I have seen recent pictures where it opens to a twin but long wise. I just tried to do a search but can't find any.