Bermuda Question - Clearwater Beach Triangle Excursion

F27TW

We are so excited .. Escape in Sept .. 7 day Bermuda!

Looking at the Clearwater Beach Triangle package which sounds amazing ..  anyone have any input good or bad on this one ?

Thanks!

I've been to Bermuda a bunch of times. I'm not failure with that exact package, but I'll give some general advice. DO NOT do any cruise line excursions to the beaches. They are a waste of money IMO. It's so easy to get around on Bermuda, you can go to just about any beach you wish by jumping in a cab, or a mini bus. The Escape is a great ship, you'll have a blast. Enjoy.

@NCLetscruise … the Clearwater beach is on Cooper Island on the other tip of the island from Dockyard - a good 1.5 hour drive.

The Clearwater beach itself is okay but if you go further than that - to Turtle Bay, Long Bay Beach you'll be amazed.

It'll be a very long day for you OP if you decide to go there. I would suggest you not take the NCL excursion (it's too expensive) because the weather and water conditions would be crapshoot and it would be a waster of money and trip if it's not a nice day.

Best that you stick going to Horseshoe Bay beach - it's a great beach. Easily accessible by local bus.

But if you are able to ride a scooter yourself, then why not go to Cooper Island.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:20 PM, F27TW said:

Looking at the Clearwater Beach Triangle package which sounds amazing ..  anyone have any input good or bad on this one ?

Thanks!

I personally prefer to go on my own as I have previously. Via ferry from the dockyard to St George's and then the bus/van to St David's from there. It was very easy to do so. But if you feel more comfortable going with the cruise excursion, by all means do so.

As the previous posters suggest, you can also explore on  to Turtle Bay, and Long Bay Beach. My personal favorite is Turtle Bay. 
The best pictorial reviews of Clearwater and the other beaches on this board are from a poster called Mitsugirly, if you want to look it up.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks for posting this.  I'm starting to think about what we will do in Bermuda, as well.  I'm guessing that Turtle Bay and Long Bay Beach might be less crowded as they are further away.  For those of you who have been there, do you think that's accurate?  As we will have 2 1/2 full days there, I don't mind a bit of a trek to get away from the crowds.  I appreciate the insight!

On 5/20/2019 at 7:20 PM, F27TW said:

Thanks!

I'll be on the Escape Sept 1 NYC - Bermuda! Can't wait to get back there!

7 hours ago, Newfun4me said:

Thanks for posting this.  I'm starting to think about what we will do in Bermuda, as well.  I'm guessing that Turtle Bay and Long Bay Beach might be less crowded as they are further away.  For those of you who have been there, do you think that's accurate?  As we will have 2 1/2 full days there, I don't mind a bit of a trek to get away from the crowds.  I appreciate the insight!

I would prefer to go on one of the days that we would be overnighting in Bermuda, so I can take time to explore and be in no rush to get back.

Currently those beaches are less crowded due to proximity but are slowly going to become "popular" like Tobacco Bay.