debarkation dawdling?

JCinATL

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, coevan said:

We dawdle too, same as above

Us too! except once on Thanksgiving Day- unfortunately every decided to leave at once regardless of their zone so it was a madhouse. 

On 5/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, JCinATL said:

I'm traveling with a friend whose flight out on the last day isn't until 6 p.m.  And I don't want to end my vacation by getting up at the crack of dawn and rushing around.  Standing in a long line to wait to for my cruise to be over just seems depressing.  😞 I'm looking for tips on doing the opposite of what most people want to do - how can we get the latest possible debarkation time slot so that we can sleep as late as possible and not rush through breakfast? 

My forum searches for past posts have indicated that we need to be out of the cabin by 8:30 so cleaning can begin, and the buffet will close down by 9 or 9:30.  But I'd be happy to chill on the lido deck with a final cup of coffee until the last possible minute.  And it would be great if that would result in hitting customs after most people have already gone through and the line is short.  

Any tips would be appreciated.

(And also any tips on killing time in Orlando for an afternoon.  I'll have my car so we can drive somewhere and not have to drag our luggage around.)

I was on the Dream and we were with another couple and simply headed to the hotel for the night.  I didnt worry about the disembarkation time and asked when they had to have me off the boat.  They gave me a time but I decided to just get off 30 mins before that.  I sat on deck 5 with what was left of our coffees and then it had to be like 9am we simply walked off.  They are from the Netherlands and it was a straight shot thru customs.  Even at customs there was only a few people and it was easy peasy.  Just be considerate as other people are waiting to board and dont be the last one off.

We always vacate the cabin by 730, have breakfast, then find a spot on lido to hang out till they make last call. Then we easily walk right off. The last cruise only 6 passengers were still on after we left. Makes for a stress free debarkation.

When we don't need to get away early we do exactly that - dawdle. We do get out of our room by the time announced (knowing they have to do turnaround very quickly), but we linger at breakfast in the MDR (much more relaxed than juggling trays in the  buffet). We do let them clear the table as soon as we are done eating (last time though, they did nto seem to be in a hurry to get us out - probably because our DR did not have to open for the next group until dinner) but linger over coffee a  while. Then we move up to the upper pool deck and sit at one of the tables there, as long as we do not get in the  way of the crew cleaning, they don't bother us. When we  hear the final debarkation call for "all passengers", we leisurely make our way down - since we are coming from the top, most everyone is off by the time we get down. Our luggage is there, easy to find and no waiting in customs. It is usually about 10:00 by then.

I usually try to get off early because I'd rather get moving then sit around and do nothing on the ship, but on my next cruise in August I only have to walk two blocks from the port to my place so I might hang around and have a leisurely breakfast, coffee, etc